1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Restaurant Marrakesh (Epcot)

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by gwennie81, Aug 28, 2011.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

My friends and I ate here for lunch last week when we visited. First of all, I had originally made a rez online for noon but, the girls thought it was for 2pm. I went to Guest Services at Epcot when we discovered the error at about 11am, and it was no problem for the CM that helped me to switch the rez for 2pm. The Guest Services CM's at Epcot are always so helpful and accomodating. I love them. Anyway...

It was a really nice meal. There were only ~5 tables besides us. We ate at 2pm, which could explain the lack of customers but, it was a really great experience.

It was dim, quiet, and air-conditioned, which was a welcome reprieve from the hot day. Beautiful interior. Tile murals, continued Moroccan decor from the pavilion, etc. We thought the walls were a little plain, though. I'm sure there was a reason for just leaving them the white stucco but, I thought they could hang some tapestries or something to dress the wall up a little more. But I love the Moroccan lamps and tile work. Gorgeous. Did you know the King of Morocco sent his own artists over to Florida to supervise the Moroccan pavilion construction? Truly authentic.

We ate at the right time to get to see the bellydancer and hear live music. The bellydancer even let two little girls dance with her, which I thought was fun for them. The performances were not loud or distracting. Instead, I thought it was very elegant and relaxing.

The food was a great value. I had the lamb with mashed roasted eggplant. It was HUGE and I couldn't eat anything the rest of the day. My friends had the day's special for $20 which was an appetizer (salad, beef-stuffed pastry, and one other item I can't remember), an entree of chicken kebabs, and a dessert of 3 assorted baklava. They were completely stuffed at the end of the meal as well.

Because of the lack of customers, I think we got extra special service. The waitstaff kept coming over to fill our water glasses and take empty plates. They were all really friendly.

I would really recommend Restaurant Marrakesh and will definitely keep it in mind for future visits.

2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Thanks for little fact :yes:

We do like it there too, the whole place is lovely and surreal at the same time!

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We ate there a few years back and it was lovely. May have to go back next trip and see if Jafar scares me again. :loll:

4. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave:Thanks for posting this, we have reservations this week for the first time and I was wondering!In fact I wake everyone up and we leave in 45 minutes forthe airport!:yes:

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've always enjoyed this restaurant. Haven't been in some time. Thanks for the review!

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have to disagree. We went last Dec and it was a horribly bland meal. Plus overpriced. Tangerine Cafe is way better and cheaper.

7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We have thoroughly enjoyed out meals here. This restaurant does not get as many customers as it deserves. Awesome value!

I have to disagree here. I found the bellydancer a little distracting........but in a good way. :surrender:

8. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

HAHA! That's awesome! I meant you can hear your party's conversation over the entertainment. It's not like standing in front of Off-Kilter. LOL! But, yeah, the bellydancer can make your food go cold. Order a salad if you know you will be staring at her most of the time. LOL!