1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

restaurants on the Disney boardwalk

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by daftaboutdisney, Jan 25, 2009.

1. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

yes another food question :lol:

On that strip of shops and places opposite the yacht and beach club, I think it's the boardwalk, there are a few restaurants. We've never tried them but think it may make for a nice evening

Anyone know what places are there and if theyre nice?
  2. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

We've eaten at Spoodles several times and enjoyed it. And I never thought I'd say this but we ate at Flying Fish in November and I LOVED it!
  3. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

THANKS wdwgrandma, what kind of things do they have and which was the better of those two? I Dont really do sea food Im fraid
  4. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Join the club! I don't eat seafood at all! YUCK! But I had a wonderful pasta dish there.
  5. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

There is also the Big River Grille, Boardwalk Bakery and the ESPN Club is at the far end, across the other side at the Beach Club you have Beaches & Cream home of the (in)famous kitchen sink.
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Another vote here for the Flying Fish.
    The steaks and other meat dishes there are also good if you don`t prefer fish. :thumbsup:
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

ESPN is fun if you want to watch sports. Be aware that it is very loud in there, and you won't be carrying on much of a conversation. The hot dog (1/4 lb!) is really good and large enough to share. Comes with loads of things to put on it.

Boardwalk Bakery has sandwiches that are quite nice! Breakfast sandwiches in the morning. There are pastries and other sweet things too, of course.

Spoodle's has Mediterranean style food with a small selection of Tapas. They have a walk up window with pizza and salad. The food was excellent when it first opened, and although not bad now, it has fallen off.

As much as we love fish and seafood we've never tried Flying Fish. Nothing on the menu calls to us. :shrug:

Big River Grill was a bit of a disappointment the one time we tried it. It's probably well worth another try.

There are other little kiosks where you can get hot dogs, sausages, french fries and the like.

Beaches and Cream is on the Beach Club side. It's a 50s style soda shop that has a limited menu, but you won't care if you like cheeseburgers. The ones they have here are some of the best you'll have anywhere!

Hurricane Hannah's is the Beach Club poolside food concession. They have a nice little variety of burgers, ect. too. :yes:

There is no dining in the Boardwalk Hotel.

There are several places to dine in the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club and Cape May in the Beach Club resorts.

Plenty of choices with a wide variety of prices. :yes: Explore and enjoy! :D
  8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hey Tink, is the bakery selling donuts again? We used to make it a ritual to go over there on our last day of every trip the morning we leave & we'd get a bowtie donut & sit out there & talk about our vacation & what we enjoyed, etc. But the last time we did this (I can't remember if it was the Jan. or July 08 trip) there were no donuts!
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

They sell out fast. :yes: Usually they have the "fancier" pastries. The simpler ones go wicked fast when they have them.

You could stop in the night before and ask if they plan on having any the next day. See if they can hold some for you, or special order some. :yes:
  10. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Wow, I never really considered the fact they could have sold out of them. I just know we went in & there were no donuts. There were cakes & stuff but no breakfast pastry. It was super packed that particular visit so perhaps that is all that happened. Next trip we will have to go back & see if we can resume our little ritual :D

11. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

As Tink says, ESPN can be really loud--particularly if there are any popular games on. I really liked the hamburger the first time I dined there--it was fresh ground beef. The next time it was frozen and preformed--almost no taste. I like my food plain, so I don't add condiments or other stuff to my hamburgers--taste matters! :lol:

It is handy if you don't have an ADR and want to sit down inside and be served. Limited menu, but convenient.
  12. goofyonwdw

goofyonwdw Earning my ears

We have had good luck at the Big River Grill. I have had their meatloaf and a really good chicken breast served with a cherry sauce on top. Both were served with garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable. They have outdoor seating which is nice during Illuminations. You can't see the lagoon but still get a pretty good view of the fireworks and they play the music track and dim the lights on the Boardwalk.