1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rides, attractions & more of days past

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by BigThunder, Dec 20, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I just discovered a website last night called Walt Dated World (I hope it's ok to post here, they don't have a forum or even offer current WDW info). It's got tons of pictures & facts about old rides & attractions...even gift shops & eateries...that are no longer there. I spent an hour on it last night & barely touched the surface. Most of it I never saw or experienced but I still thought it was so cool & thought some of you might enjoy it as well.
    I'm not posting a link as I'm not sure if I'm allowed & if for some reason even talking about another site is a no-no just let me know & remove this but you can find it by searching google.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's ok. :yes: It sounds like the site is very different than this one. Plus, we sort of have that understanding that all of our members get to surf the 'net and visit wherever they please! :lol:

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :unsure:

i liked looking at the tickets and the prices............i wish lol

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Very cool! Thank you! I love seeing all the photos!

5. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

It may not have been this site but maybe one of the 'other' forums...but I remember someone posting a link to another site & getting a little slap on the wrist & having the link removed....yeah, sounds more like one of the other sites I used to go to after all ;)

Yes, it's so cool! I went on again today & only made it through MK & a small portion of Epcot. What makes me feel old is there are actually a few things from since I've been going that are on there & I've only been going since 1997!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The only real thing we are concerned with here is if a link might lead to something less than Disney, if you know what I mean. :yes: Particularly if a child followed the link and ran into something less than appropriate.

Otherwise, if we have it here, we prefer a link not be provided to a site that provides the same info. Given that, it's a big ol' 'net world out there! :D

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Hah! Would I date myself too badly if I told you I first saw the Carousel of Progress at the 1964 New York World's Fair! :jawdrop:

Tom :)macwave:... working on being older than dirt!)