1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rides for Zac

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Suebeattie, May 9, 2012.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi
    Just need to pick everyone's brains as it's been a while since we have been to WDW and havent travelled with a little person :)
    I'm not quite sure if some rides will be suitable to take Zac on, he'll be 8 months old when we go in October, we're going to get a baby carrier so we won't get dead arms in the lines and also when we go on some rides like its a small world etc we can hopefully keep him in the carrier rather than trying to get him to sit in the seat.
    So my first question is do you think we will be able to do this?
    My next question is, do you think the Kilimanjaro safari in animal kingdom will be too much for him? I'm sure I'll come across some more rides I'm not sure of.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    :wiggle:

2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

HE can ride anything that doesnt have a height minimum :)

A baby carrier is a great idea, because you know he is secure and you dont have to hold him all the time, and it will also be a big help since you leave your stroller where the line starts and will have to carry him all the way to the ride :)

I dont think the safari will be too strong for him, we took Tatiana on it, granted she was 18m, but she was asleep and remained that way for most of the ride. :)

I would also take a light blanket with me... some buses are freezing, and some rides hace the A/C all the way up, so a blanket will keep him comfortable

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Steven rode the safari when he was 8 months old. He loved all the bouncing around. :thumbsup:

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Are you aware of the baby swap for the bigger rides you can't carry the baby on?

5. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Thanks for your tips Marie and thank you dawn.
    Yeah we know about the baby swap for the bigger rides, to be honest not sure we'll be doing a lot of these but if we do my dad doesn't really go on them anymore so he'll be on baby duty then lol :yes:
    Dawn are there any must dos or other tips you have for being at WDW with an 8 month old?
    :wiggle: