1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Right then, tell me about a (Disney) World without coasters...

Discussion in 'General' started by Beccaberry, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

So the FANTASTIC news is, Baleigh's friend, Paula will be joining us!! YAY! The somewhat more insignificant, but still important news is that Paula "most definitely, without a doubt, please don't even ask me" does not like roller coasters. Not a problem. Just requires some extra planning on my part as we have never gone with children (tweens) who weren't adrenaline junkies from the moment they exited the womb. So. What do I need to know? Do we skip them altogether? Or are there some that Baleigh and I can ride without feeling as though we're leaving her completely out? Which rides are considered "gairy" (seriously, I have no concept, here)? Which rides will let her wait through the queue and exit stage left and which rides will she need to remain outside of altogether? HELP!!! :mental:
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well let's see, that eliminates Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Everest and I can't think of any others. Shouldn't be too difficult.
  3. Beccaberry

What about rides like ToT and Splash Mountain? I know that aren't considered "coasters" but are people who "don't do" coasters more inclined no to do these as well? Or is that dependent upon what it is they don't like about coasters in the first place?

And, next question, will rides like RnRC allow her to through the queue with us and then exit before getting on the ride? Or will she have to wait outside if Baleigh and I want to ride? I feel like I could justify snagging a fast pass, and then wandering through the queue with her (then she's only solo for the few minutes we're actually on the ride), but I'd feel guilty if we had to leave her outside altogether.
  4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

You'll have to stand your beverages directly on the table.
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Space Mountain and RnRC definitely have "chicken exits" Becca so that at least you will be able to see part of the attraction from inside without actually doing it.
    I`m not sure about any others though. :unsure:
  6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Tot has a "chicken" exit. For Splash Mountain they will allow her to just "walk through" the boat to the other side. I'm sure they can do the same on BTMR.

My wife is not a thrill ride fan. She does not like Tot or Splash Mountain (the last time she rode these I had to buy her diamond earrings - I have a great video of her screaming next to me on Splash and I keep threatening to post it). She will, however, ride BTMR and she is tempted to give Space Mountain another whirl and is also thinking of trying RnRC and Everest for the first time. I think I have talked her out of RnRC but Everest I think she can handle.
  7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm not into coasters and I wouldn't do TOT and I would have to be coaxed onto Splash Mountain. I will go on BMTR though.
  8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to get this..:surrender:

I am ashamed..truly :point:
  9. Beccaberry

Had lunch with her and her mom today. She said the only thing that is "out" for her is going upside down. AFAIK, this only rules out RnRC, correct? Does Everest go upside down?

I think we're going to have a grand time. The girls are simply seething with excitement.
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You are good to go then. Rockin... is the only upside down one. I won't go on it for that very reason. I'm not a huge fan of Space Mountain, but did manage to survive it. NOT GOIN' ON TOWER OF TERROR AGAIN though! :eek:

Love Splash Mountain, and have fun on Big Thunder Mountain. :yes: Have only done Everest once and wasn't too sure about that. Would try it again, but not going to wait too long.

There is the water ride in AK, too don't forget. Oh, and that scary dinosaur ride thing is there too. Didn't like that one at all, either. (Too noisy).

There are the simple fun ones, you know... SMall World. :D :D Peter Pan, teacups (ick, not me) the carousel... Oh and Test Track should be fun. I liked Mission Space (the original version) but did get kind of sickish the second time on it, so am a little leery of it now...

Don't forget Maelstrom, and Figment!!! OOOOH, and Nemo! LOL. What the heck. Do 'em all!
  11. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

12. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I don't do Space Mountain at all, though if one of my grandchildren really wanted to do it I might. I like RnR but don't do it anymore because of the way it jerks me around, but it is the only one I know that goes upside down. As for chicken exits, yes I'm almost positive that they all have them. The queue at Everest is fabulous if you have to go through it. Most of the time when we've done Everest it hasn't been all that busy though.
  13. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

It does NOT go upside down. It does, however, go backwards for a bit.

FYI - Test Track is closed through November 1st. (not sure when Becca is going)
  14. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I am not a massive coaster fan. Especially for ones that do things like turn you upside down. I hate getting banged around.

Having said that, I am a huge fan of Expedition Everest. I don't find it the least bit rough. It's probably my favorite "coaster" type ride that I've ever done.

And yes, ToT has a chicken exit. In fact, if you're a kid, it can be a really cool chicken exit:

[video=youtube;xXi8Tnwppeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXi8Tnwppeo[/video]​

Just sayin'

Tom :)macwave:... [​IMG])
  15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Now that is really nice! I wonder how often it happens? I've not ever heard of this, nor seen it before so thanks for the info!