1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rihanna and Chris Brown

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Johnie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Have you all heard this story? Allegedly he beat her. He was arrested and posted his own bond. No one has definately said the victim is Rihanna but she was/is his girlfriend so...

Here is the police report

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/05/chris.brown.charged/index.html

Apparently she is back together with him. I am not surprised because victims of abuse typically DO go back to their abusers. I am also sure he is as good as gold to her right now. It'll happen again though.

I have been elsewhere where people are ripping Rihanna apart for being stupid. Obviously she has no sense of self worth but I don't think any good is coming from bashing her on the internet.

My problem is WHY is no one bashing Chris Brown???!!! He is a Virginia native so people think of him as a hometown boy and people are making excuses for him like nobodies business! READ the report I linked to. He beat her like a man. Seriously. There are other celebreties who are trying to defend him. I am so disgusted it isn't even funny.

There is a boycott on Chris Brown in this household. I can't do anything to him regarding criminal charges but I can impact his pocketbook and hit him where it hurts him.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

The whole thing in my opinion is digusting.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ummmmm, who is Chris Brown besides a violent abuser? I mean, you say he is a celebrity, but in what regard?

Guess I'd better go google, eh? :spring:

4. Tink

Ah. Singers. Gotcha.

Google is a wonderful thing. :D

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I only know who he is because he is from Tappahanock, VA. He is a dirtbag IMO :nono:

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

He deserves to be locked up in the loony bin

as for her.. When you see something like that happen to someone like her.. young, beautiful, succesful, rich...... you understand why it can happen to anyone else.... self esteem comes from the inside....

7. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

The leaked photo of her injuries were dreadful. So sad. Am I silly to think because this is so much in the public domain he'll not dare do it again?

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It would be nice to think so Claire :sigh: but from my experience (not personal - a friend) sadly people like him never change no matter how much they say they will :(

9. Tink

Well they do change. All it takes is for them to be locked away from society for the rest of their lives. Then they change. I know, I know it's not real change, but it keeps the world a safer place.

Too bad this country doesn't do a bit of a better job with "domestic violence." Mostly we need to better understand it, and the factors that continue it. All to often we blame the victim without realizing the myriad of varibles that goes into creating (and unfortunately supporting) a situation where it exists.

That he is in the public eye may not be an issue at all. :( Many people will dismiss it...
    One of the things I learned from my Da (harsh man that he is...) is to "vote" with your money. So, I would never support this person financially, period.

Same with years ago, Ike Turner. For those of you who may remember, he used to beat Tina Turner. :( She left him, thankfully and he fell out of the public eye. She was clearly the talent there.

Jackson Browne is another one. :( Far too many... (Henry Morgan, if you remember him from a later version of the M.A.S.H. series)...

10. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

that's a nice thing to do rip her apart when she has been a victim. Domestic violence is abuse end of story, where you have abuse you have a victim. All i can say is that the people that are ripping in to her have obviously never been abused or see abuse in action. By blaming her people are helping to keep it underground and in some way her fault.

11. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

We to have a Chris Brown boycott going as well. He is a monster and nobody should be backing him.