1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rip Ride Rockit

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Isafari, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

...has re-opened today.
  2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Has re-opened? What was the matter with it? :unsure:
  3. Isafari

Previously, from Wesh2 News....

The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster at Universal Studios Florida will remain closed indefinitely, theme park officials said on Monday.

Officials insist the maintenance is not related to a Sept. 2 safety warning from Maurer Sohne, the German steel company that makes the ride’s vehicles. The company warned that the coupling that holds the two cars together may not be “fatigue endurable.”

Universal Orlando said the safety concerns from Maurer Sohne would have been addressed soon after the memo’s release and the ride’s closure was not related to the safety bulletin. However, Maurer Sohne said the repair solution or new design would not be available for two to three months.

Universal closed the attraction last Wednesday and said it was undergoing unrelated maintenance. It said the closure was temporary.

Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder said on Monday that the ride’s extended closure was due to the park’s decision to do annual maintenance on the attraction.

“The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was operating safely when we closed it for maintenance and it will be operating safely when we reopen it,” said Schroder.

No timeline was given for when the ride might reopen.
  4. Kate

Reminding me of the films Final Destination, will have to re-think going on it now!!
  5. Isafari

Well, I'm visiting the caramel shop in Epcot for you so - I think fair is fair and you should go on this for me :yes:
  6. Kate

Well, that leaves me alot of choice!!! :lol:
  7. Isafari

I'm all heart :D