1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rip Rocket Ride

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by robertcraig, Oct 10, 2013.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    14 people were stuck on the ride for 3 hours I was once stuck on the Jaws ride for 30 minutes.Has anybody else been stuck
  2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

<<knocks on wood>> I have never been stuck on a ride.
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

No, not really. We get the occasional slowdowns on rides like Splash Mountain were they annouce some of the characters causing a commotion and the ride will commence shortly. The closest one was on Dinosaur. We got stuck in the part right below the Carnotaurus. The house/work lights had to come on and we waited for like 10 minutes in our car before we got cycled out.
  4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I've been on a ride at Alton towers before and chessington world of adventures but nowhere in florida
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep, one of my co-worker's partner works at US. He was regaling us with the tale this morning. They were all removed safely with the aid of fireman from Orlando Fire Department.

The computer shut down the ride because the cars ahead of the one that got stuck tripped a sensor in the brake check spot. Had it not shut down the ride, there would have been a horrible collision of two segments of the cars.

Definitely not fun for those stuck but it beats the heck out of being badly injured or killed. They were 170 feet in the air, by the way and tilted back, with their feet above the height of their heads. No fun at all!
  6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Pooh no I wouldn't have liked being stuck like that! Whilst I'd imagine people complained they should remember why they were like it, if the alternative was a crash then I know which I'd prefer!
  7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

People also need to realize that getting on any ride is a risk just as getting into your car in the morning and going to work. The odds of something happening are extremely low but anything can happen. Like Tink said, better to be stuck than the possible alternative.
  8. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

At Disney earlier this month, we boarded Big Thunder Mountain and just as they locked our safety bars into place, the ride shut down. There was much commotion "behind the wall" and after a few moments a CM spoke over the sound system explaining that the ride had shut down and they did not have any information as to when it would open again, or if it would open back up at all for the evening. Do you know they could not PRY the people out of the lines? I'm not sure if they believed they could "protest" their way on to the ride, but people just wouldn't BUDGE! And all I could think was, "Seriously? If someone tells me there's a problem with the ride, I'm just going to be happy I wasn't on it when it happened! Not complain and DEMAND they let me ride."
  9. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Ride reopens it was only a technical glich