1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Riverhead New York

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I know clothing and shoes in Manhattan and New Jersey are tax free, think Manhattan is under $110. So is it all of New York or just Manhattan. I was looking at going to Riverhead outlet. I know its a bit far out but we have been quite a few times and this holiday is more of a break than sightseeing. Thanks

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is from a site called EarthOdyssey: The city of Riverhead in Suffolk_County, New York has a local sales tax rate of 4.25% a Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) sales tax rate of 0.375%,and a uniform state sales tax rate of 4.00%, for a total sales tax rate of 8.625%.

I can't find anything that indicates that it may be sales tax free for clothing like I can for Manhattan.

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:sorry: Only Manhattan I'm afraid ( and Pennsylvania!)

4. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Thank you both :thumbsup: will stick with new Jersey and Manhattan