1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Riverhead New York

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I know clothing and shoes in Manhattan and New Jersey are tax free, think Manhattan is under $110. So is it all of New York or just Manhattan. I was looking at going to Riverhead outlet. I know its a bit far out but we have been quite a few times and this holiday is more of a break than sightseeing. Thanks

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is from a site called EarthOdyssey: The city of Riverhead in Suffolk_County, New York has a local sales tax rate of 4.25% a Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) sales tax rate of 0.375%,and a uniform state sales tax rate of 4.00%, for a total sales tax rate of 8.625%.

I can't find anything that indicates that it may be sales tax free for clothing like I can for Manhattan.

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:sorry: Only Manhattan I'm afraid ( and Pennsylvania!)

4. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Thank you both :thumbsup: will stick with new Jersey and Manhattan