1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

roller coaster for a coward

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by wishonastar, Sep 26, 2008.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

Im really scared of coasters but I dont want to let the rest of the party down so are there some easy ones I could go on at each park?

2. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Well a lot of people say RnR but I am a roller coaster fan and hate that one. My head comes off that ride feeling likd jelly. For years I avoided the Hulk, but to be honest, I find it the smoothest ride in Orlando. It was the size of the coaster and sound that frightened me but once i rode it I couldnt believe how good it was. I think you might find Everest OK. There arent too many twists and turns.

Margaret

3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Offical Coaster Chicken checking into this thread :lol:

I'm the biggest baby when it comes to coasters!! AND I don't do upsidedown either :shocked025:

SO, if you are like me then go ahead and do Big Thunder at the MK since it's really is pretty tame for the most part with no huge drops. Space Mountain is another one that is actually a lot tamer than it seems because it's in the dark. We were on the TTA one time when SM was down and the lights were on in there. I so could not believe how simple it actually was and then realized that it was only the darkness that made it scarey.

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I don't do coasters and I love Big Thunder Mountain at MK!

The clackety-clack makes it seem scarier than it is. It is a bit bumpy, so probably not a good choice if dealing with neck injuries.

Haven't tried Expedition Everest at AK yet--wasn't able to go on most attractions last December. But Leu said it was okay--very smooth. She was concerned about one small section. Shelly and Lexie loved it--but Shelly's a thrill ride junkie! :lol:

5. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

OH OH How about the Goofy barnstormer!!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The Barnstormer is an excellent choice! Fast enough to be fun, but nothing too scary at all!

I too am a coaster wimp, but will go on BTMRR. It is jerky and clacky, but just fast enough for me to feel like I've not taken on more than I can handle.

I've done Space Mountain, but won't be doing that again thank you very much! :eek: I won't do Rockin' Roller Coaster because of the upside down bit, so there you have it.

I will do Splash Mountain (love it as a matter of fact) but it's not a coaster.

I've never done the monster coasters anywhere else and am quite happy dying without changing that statement.

7. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

The DGD's don't like the Barnstormer anymore, since they discovered BTMRR. I have an awesome pic of Brianna on this in 2007

8. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

thanks everyone!!!! I'm going to print out these messages

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I love coasters but Gwazi at BG terrified me, my skull rattled so much I thought it was going to break out of my head.

I sometimes think that the large coasters like Hulk and Duelling Dragons are less scary than the smaller ones if you can get over the height and speed, they are usually smooth rides and you don't get jolted around.

You should try Everest - the themeing is fantastic and I would say that is in the same sort of league as BTMRR. :)

10. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

id defo do the hulk its the easiest one to start with i think then do the rest. i love coasters the first one i did was the kraken but that has some tighter corners i think so defo try the hulk first then the rest, im sure you will like them after trying one :D