1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Romantic Resorts?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by lmarie720, Jan 18, 2013.

1. lmarie720

lmarie720 Earning my ears

My fiancee and I are planning our 2nd vacation as a family to go to WDW. Right now I am thinking of it being sort of my gift to my bridal party as to match half their Ticket price, basically pay for half.

What I'm thinking of doing is having them, his family, and my mom and her friend and my grandma come to Disney with us to be a big family adventure.

I have looked at all the Moderate and Deluxe, and Deluxe Villa Resorts and can not decide which one would be better...

(I'm looking for my honey and me ATM)

Oh we are planning for late Sept. Early October (Not during fall breaks, but during Halloween and the Food and wine fest.)

I have never stayed on property, and it will be his first time going...
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It really is totally up to your personal taste. :yes:

I love the Beach Club, so that would be my choice. I dislike the BWI so I'd not want to stay there. I am a DVC member so I might want to stay at my favorite OKW!

Grand Floridian is pretty any time of year and Wilderness Lodge is really nice too. We just spent a lovely weekend at Animal Kingdom's Jambo House! :lol:

I'm no help, am I? :sorry:

Welcome to Secrets, by the way!
  3. lmarie720

lmarie720 Earning my ears

I like all of them. :p

I want something where there's not a lot of people, I love AKL, but it's so far...

What about the Shades of Green resort? since he's in the Army?
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Stay where you love. AKL is so far in what respect? :unsure: Disney transport takes care of all that sort of thing! :D

I've not ever stayed at Shades of Green so can't comment on that resort.
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We'll be at SOG for the first time next month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. susanm

susanm Imagineer

for romantic i would say PORT ORLEANS...bldgs seem more secluded...lots of greenery and walkways
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If you can afford the extra $$$`s then I would opt for the GF.
    Not only is it only one stop [on the monorail] away from the MK, you will also possiblly see a wedding taking place as it is a very popular venue for Disney weddings, being right next door to the Wedding Pavillion. Those newlyweds going the "whole hog" are taken from the GF to the pavillion in Cinderella`s coach driven by small white ponies with footmen in attendance, quite a sight.
    It`s also nice to take a stroll over to the Wedding Pavillion anyhow. To the side is a rose covered arch where you can take photos with the MK castle in the background, although obviously you cannot do this while a wedding is taking place.....unless it`s yours. :lol:
  8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We stayed there before it was the Shades of Green. It was awesome. The rooms were really nice an big compared to the Mods and Deluxe we have stayed in. Theming back then was kind of golf related. It was the Disney Inn at the time. There were lots of rocking chairs near the entry and the grounds were fantastic. We just walked over to the Poly to pick up the monorail so that was nice. There was a nice place to eat there, can't remember what it was called but sure it was some sort of golf themed name. If you are military..by all means I would say go with the SOG! Military resorts are very nice...stayed at the Hale' Koa in Hawaii a long time ago. I was very impressed with the whole set up!
  9. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Welcome!

I've stayed at all resort levels (minus the Villas) and I will say with absolute confidence - each and every resort CAN be romantic :) Remember, it's not where you are, it's who you're with!

Having said that, I do love the mansions of POFQ and I find strolling down the waterway at POFQ or taking the boat to DD at night quite romantic.

I also love the seclusion Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom offer; and to be honest, I don't find them woefully far away from anything.

Again, they all have their charm - One of the loveliest evenings I can recall was spent swinging in a hammock with my SO in a little secluded corner of All Star Sports...
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Having just stayed at Shades of Green in February I can definitely say that I didn't find anything romantic about it. Nor was it even "Disneyish". The rooms are huge however.
  11. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I always thought that Coronado Spring Resort is quite romantic in the evening with all of the lights lit up, especially the bridge across the small part of the lake.