1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Room request at Caribbean Beach

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Jun 23, 2012.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I called today to pay for our trip in August. I was hoping to upgrade to a preferred room in order to be closer to the main pool however the cast member said that the preferred rooms were no longer available for our time period. My question is how and when do I try and request a room just outside the preferred area. Which buildings are closest that are not considered preferred? Thanks in advance for all responses

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not much good at this as I almost never request a specific area of any resort. The only times I have requested a specific area, I've done so at check in.

I don't know enough of the new designation of buildings (preferred, standard, etc) to be able to help at all with "just outside of preferred."

Hopefully, someone who has been there recently can comment on the locations.