1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rose and crown any good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by chipndale, Jul 9, 2009.

1. chipndale

chipndale Imagineer

Is the rose and crown pub in the UK bit of EPCOT any good? I heard it used to be the place to go but Ive read some less than good reviews recently :(

2. Mandy

Mandy Earning my ears

We had a lovely meal in there when we first visited Epcot back in 1996, but I have heard some bad reports about the meals not being up to standard now. :unsure:

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We were last there in January and both of our meals were good. We both had the leek & potato soup which was very good, then we both went for the cod & chips. We had empty plates when we were finished and that is a very good compliment coming from me!

4. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

hmmm not so good last time we went I'm afraid :( lousy service and poor food

5. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

Didn't enjoy our last meal there although service was great. Prefer the carry out fish and chips booth by the side of the Rose & Crown:thumbsup:

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Haven't had a proper meal there in some time (although the last times we did, all was quite good) but did have a Scotch Egg during the celebrations of the first weekend in June. :D

It was ok. :yes: Pub food, eh? Not meant to be glorious gourmet. :D

7. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

The first time we ate there (several years ago) I had the most wonderful dish of wild mushrooms. It was awesome! Then the next time we went back, I was SO disappointed that it wasn't on the menu. I was really looking forward to it. My food was good. Just nothing to write home about.

8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

havent been there in a few years, but when we went we had a delicious meal :)

9. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

They used to have a great lamb dish on the menu with Guinness BBQ sauce and mashed potatoes (om nom nom!) Don't know what happened to it, though. Last time I ate there (April '09) it had disappeared! Went for the fish/chips instead. Pretty dang good, although I think fish/chips is less expensive if you purchase at the walk-up counter.
    At this point in the day, I've usually had too many drinks from around the world to really care what I eat, though.
    The bread and butter they give you is delicious! I've never had a bad server.
    In the pub, the bartenders are super-fast and friendly (Hi, EDDIE!) and the piano player is fabulous. Brilliant atmosphere created in ther for us Americans that don't know better.

10. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Hmmm, ate at the Rose & Crown in 2007, and I remember it as being home-y comfort food. Everyone in my party (4 adults/3 kids) ate well and without complaint. The service was very good; our waiter was a friendly young man whose term of service at WDW was going to end in just a few days. He told us stories of his hometown (Kent) and was attentive to us throughout our meal. Was it toe-curling food that made our jaws drop as the plates were presented? Nah, but it was tasty, filling, and satisfied 7 different palates (no small feat)! I'd eat there again, even if it wasn't the most memorable meal I've ever eaten in the World. That honor goes to Victoria & Albert's. :drool: