1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

royal pacific hotel universal

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by robertcraig, Nov 18, 2012.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    i HAVE BOOKED 5 DAYS AT ROYAL PACIC UNIVERSAL NEXT SEPTEMBER ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOME

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I love this hotel Robert, we spent 5 days there last year. The sushi lounge is nice, they bring you watermelon around the pool, the nachos are awesome. It's only a short walk to the parks

3. Coolape

Coolape Addicted to Mickey

We stayed there in October / November last year for 2 weeks. It's awesome.
    The pool is heated and they play a movie every night. The boat ride to Citywalk is frequent and reliable, can get busy but we didn't have a problem finding a seat and a spot for the stroller.

The staff are friendly, rooms were clean, and tidied every day. We only ate at the hotel restaurant once, and it was nice but for the price it wasn't anything special.

We also stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, whilst it was a nice hotel I preferred the Royal Pacific for it's atmosphere and style.

We're returning to the royal pacific this august.

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Which restaurant did you eat at coolape?

5. Coolape

It was the islands restaurant. It was a quiet night and they mixed up our drinks too. But we didn't mind. We only dined there as our little one was a little under the weather.

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

We never ate there, the only night we ate in the hotel our teens went off to the parks and we had a few glasses of wine on the club lounge then ate sushi

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I love this resort. We've had breakfast several times in the islands dining room. It was certainly good. We also did the luau the hotel offers. It was good but it's been years since we went to that.

Last year we stayed club level which was nice but I don't know that I'd do it again.

8. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

With 4 of us and a special rate it would have silly to pass it up, we made the most of breakfast and the drinks available all the time. We tended to have big lunches and the snacks in the evening, the staff were really generous with the wine in the evening. We watched them and the people who were demanding didn't get as much as the polite ones sitting in the corner :yes:

9. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    like all the good reports looking forward to september can you walk to CITY WALK

10. Coolape

Yes. I prefer the boat though it is a nice ride. You'll be walking loads in the parks.

11. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

It is a short walk (7mins) to CityWalk but I much prefer taking the boat too. After all there is lots of walking to do once you get there and the boat ride is lovely. As for the hotel, I much prefer it to Hard Rock (we were miserable there). We loved the Orchid Lounge for a quick but delicious breakfast each morning. The coffee was very good (I believe refills were free) and the muffins and pastries excellent. We tended to eat at CityWalk in the evenings but my neighbour who stayed there loved the Island Dining Room for dinner.

Mags

12. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

we opted to walk to the park and boat back, there always seemed to be more people there in the morning when we were heading out for rope drop and I think it would have taken longer. It's quite a pleasant walk and is mainly shaded.

13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Definitely think its worth it if you have more than 2 people (which is what we had)