1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumor - Hoop Dee Doo Revue Closing for Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 3, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is an unconfirmed rumor that Hoop Dee Doo Revue will be closing for refurbishment in October and this will continue into November, and possibly December 2012.

There's going to be some unhappy people if this is true.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Just a bit of an update on this one, the reservation system is again taking booking for the hoop dee doo show through december but from october 1st the times have changed to the ones they trialled.... which are all one hour earlier than currently. So 4pm 6:15pm 8:30pm

Since emails asking about the refurb went unanswered, we still don't know if this is just the system doing weird things, but at the moment that's the deal.

Disney said the trial was because many families found the original timings too late for children :/ Personally I rather liked that the 9:30pm show had less kids because of that :lol: but from a Disney "pack-em-in" perspective, I suppose the earlier timings work better.

Frankly, with earlier timings, the loss of the traditional hoop songs and recent changes to the cast, it's not nearly as good as it used to be.

3. Wendy

Thanks for the update Keith :D

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Interesting because I've read in a couple if different places that it will indeed be closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. keith

That's certainly the rumour and there's quite a lot of circumstantial evidence to support it such as some of the rides being stopped etc.

I dont believe there's been an official word on the hoop yet so I think at the moment it's all putting 2 and 2 together.

If I had to guess right now, I'd go with it being closed but until very recently the hoop was unavailable to book after 1st oct. It just came up "no times available". Up to end of September it was fine and showing the old hours. In the last few days that changed and oct->dec became available to book but at the hour earlier times.

It's not unusual for the reservation system to be wrong as we know only too well, but I thought it was interesting that it changed to not only allow reservations but also to specifically new times.

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Has anyone heard or read any updates regarding the Hoop Dee Doo being closed during this time? My BIL was on this morning trying to book for mid October and it is still coming up on the reservation system with the earlier times.

7. Wendy

I haven't seen any more about it, but if you are able to make reservations now it looks hopeful.

8. keith

yeah I think they've just decided to go with the trial times as a permanent change and not yet made it official anywhere other than the reservation system :(

In itself that's bad because I hate the new times BUT It's better than it being closed for three months.

oct-dec have been on there for ages now so I think if they were going to close it, they'd have realised the mistake by now and removed it.

(then again... with Disney... it wouldnt be the first time)