1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumor - Is the Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney's Hollywood Sudios to Close

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 21, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is a rumble over the internet that Disney are going to close the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The reason for this, is speculation that the show is out of place now that Beauty and the Beast have a strong presence in the New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom. It is also rumored that the theater building may have some issues that need addressing. So rather than repairing, Disney could decide to use the site as the location for a new dark ride attraction of some kind. There is a lot of spare land behind the theater which would mean that Disney could use this area to expand Hollywood Studios.

What are your feelings about Beauty and the Beast closing, will you be sad to see it go or do you think it would be good to see something new at the park?

2. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

I think this one has been rumbling about for quite a while. I read that it was going to be replaced with a Rapunzel themed show.

If it does indeed end I would be really sad to see it go, its one of my favourites.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I've seen it before as well, it seems to be gaining pace though and Hollywood Studios seem to be making a lot of changes lately and there is also supposed to be an announcement of expansion at the D23 Expo in August.

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Our little family has a LOT of memories tied up in this show, and I'd be sad to see it come to a close. I believe it to be beautifully done, and never tire of seeing it when we visit. Having said that, I can see where Disney might think it's finished its run and, as lovely as it is, I think we could do with some new life in DHS.

5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I was really hoping that Katie would get to see this in November :sorry: I would be sad to see it go, I would be happy for a little "new life" as Becca put it, but I also hope it holds off for a little while :unsure:

6. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

One of the best shows on Disney Property, without doubt.

However, I do get the feeling that the Studios is trying to move towards a more 'adult' audience and as such I do feel a dark ride to go along with Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror fits that thought.

However, you could argue that Toy Story mania isn't very adult so I am not sure! :unsure:

I was gutted when they removed the Tarzan show from Animal Kingdom and no doubt I will be gutted if this show goes but I do think it is getting to the age now where it needs something fresh.

If it's just to replace it with another show then I think they should leave it well alone.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

First the Hunchback and now B&B :sorry:

8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Nobody tell Jon, he'll be devastated as one of his best memories is of Caitlin singing 'old as rhyme is rhyme!' I blub every time I see it!

9. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I hadn't seen the rumours but I would be very sad to see this show go. I think that it is one of the best in WDW. My 23 yr old DD who dislikes princesses with a passion loves this show and even my hard nosed 20 yr old reckons it is pretty good. Off for a sob....

Mags

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I adore this show and all things Beauty and the Beast. The Beast is the first character that Alysia verbally professed love for. I can understand why they want to close it. I would hope they would open a show in Fantasyland.

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Yes :yes: I like this idea very much! Can't we just move the whole show (exactly as it is) over to New Fantasyland?

12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I think that's a fantastic idea!

13. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I would like to add my support to that idea also! :)

Brilliant suggestion!

14. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

This was one of the things I was hoping both DDs could see this time, Abi loved it last time but Gabriella was asleep and missed it. I can see that things do need to evolve but if they are getting rid of it completely and not simply relocating it seems a strange decision with B&B getting such a strong presence with the new fantasyland, that would suggest that Disney deem it as a popular theme/attraction

15. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Oh dear only seen this show twice. Will make a point of seeing it this sept is it still around :unsure:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2