1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumors from Chip & Co.com

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzz2001, Apr 6, 2011.

1. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

Hello, kids. Sorry it is so late but I have one humdinger of a rumor.

Wait. I don’t actually know what a humdinger is. Nevermind. This is huge, that’s all you need to know. We’re hearing a couple of shocking rumors about Disney resorts.

One, we’ve heard that Disney resort managers are being told that when the Art of Animation Resort opens next year late Spring/early summer 2012, Port Orleans Riverside will no longer accept groups of five. Instead, groups of five will have to book a deluxe resort or stay at one of the Animation Suites.

Next, we’re hearing that when the Animation Suites open, the entire Polynesian Resort will be closed. That’s right, I said closed. Something about asbestos and getting rid of it. Managers have been told that Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, resorts that rarely reach capacity, will handle those guests. We’ve heard that Downtown Disney is getting a new fireworks show to make this move more attractive for Saratoga Springs visitors.

Could it be true? I’m not exactly loving these rumors, but you have to admit they’re pretty delicious.

http://www.chipandco.com/2011/04/disney-confidential-major-resort-rumors/

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow. Wow! Those are some kinda rumors! :eek:

I honestly can't imagine the outcry if Disney does shut down the Poly? Not too sure who thinks OKW rarely reaches capacity? :unsure: It's often booked solid from our experience. :shrug:

3. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

Latest entry on Chipandco.com

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Whew!