Rumors, rumors, and more rumors!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Tink, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Do you know the name, Tikkiman? Well, apparently he's been BANNED from the Polynesian!

Do you like Vanilla Pineapple Swirl? Well, rumor has it that it's been discontinued at Aloha Isle!

Do you like Captain EO? Rumor says it's being discontinued and that this Thursday is the last day it will be shown!

Have you heard any WDW related rumors lately?

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    Oh wow! I've heard murmurings of the first, but didn't know it might have gone that far!! The other two I've not heard...but I'm quite ready for something (anything) to replace Captain EO.

I've not heard many rumors lately, though I have heard the new hub is really awesome.

3. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    Tikiman is often around here, he may spare us some time to update us. I hadn't heard the banning rumor but I have been reading between the lines in his posts and it seems like the contingent at Disney who didn't like being so carefully watched may have got their way. Weird though because is there anyone who has done more to raise the profile of the Polynesian than tikiman? heck, Disney marketing should be hiring him and paying him millions!

4. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That was my thought too, although to be honest, I don't follow Tikkiman. The source of the rumor told me that the management at the Poly, along with the CMs there felt he was too intrusive and posing a problem to the registered guests. Sounds to me like they just didn't want him around, and that doesn't make any sense. Not sure how you can ban someone from a public place unless they've broken a law?

5. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    well it's not a public place, it's a privately owned hotel :/ so I'm pretty sure they *could* if they really wanted to... but I kinda doubt that they have

6. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I hope they keep Captain EO just long enough for me to see it one more time.

I know it's ancient and dated, but I'm a child of the 80s so I'm a fan of anything with Michael Jackson in it... Every time we leave that attraction, we're humming the tune for the rest of the day!