1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour - DVC Members to be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There is a rumor that details are being finalized so that DVC Member will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland.

Tables in Wonderland is currently only available to Florida Residents and Annual Pass holders but is seems that the dining card will be available for DVC members sometime in a late-March to April time frame.

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve heard about TIW, but in simple terms, exactly what is it? :unsure:

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Tables in Wonderland gives you 20% discount on all food and beverages at participating Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests).

There is a charge of 18% gratuity added to all transactions, regardless of party size.

It costs $100 for Florida Residents and $75 for Annual / Seasonal Passholders.

You also get resort valet services which are complimentary to members, for the sole purpose of dining.

Theme Park parking is complimentary to members, for the purpose of dining - before 5pm, you pay for parking and then go to Guest Relations on your way out and it has been less than 3 hours, show your membership card and dining receipt for reimbursement for parking. After 5pm members can show their membership card at the toll plaza to enter the parking lot.

Basically it pays for your gratuity, I would have thought you'd make good use out of it Terry.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We have it Terry. It's a nice little aside for dining at Disney. We've had much more use, and far more pleased with it that we ever were with Disney Dining.

Originally when the program first started it was really problematic. You had to argue for it to be applied correctly and it got really old, arguing about money at each food purchase.

Now though, it's been around for several years with all the kinks worked out and it's a nice card to have. :yes:

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Good news although it will probably still be cost effective for me to buy a basic AP and then the rest to all get 21 day ultimates, I like my 10% shopping discount!

6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

have you done the spreadsheet to work it out yet? :tongue:

7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

With the amount I spend I think it's a given!

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Terry,

Donna and I have had the TIW card practically since its inception, though it was called something else originally, I just can't remember what. So far the only place, food and drink wise, that I have found it not to work is the food court at POR, though it does work at POFQ. If you use it in a food court it gets you 20% off of food and drink with no gratuity added on. If you use it for drinks (and yes I mean alcoholic) and or food then they deduct 20% of the cost of food and drinks but do add an automatic 18% gratuity. So you are basically getting your gratuity paid for.

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It may be worth having the card then if only to spare the headache of having to do the maths to accurately work out the tip. :lol: