1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

?'s on citrico

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by ryno, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ryno

ryno Earning my ears

ALL: does anyone out there have any feedback for Citricos? Can you apply the meal plan for the private room? Is it worth it? Etc... Thanx

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Hi there :wave:

Yep you can use the dining plan, it's a 2 credit per person restaurant and I think it's probably one of the better uses for 2 credits.

As to feedback well I think it's generally excellent. Most people like the food and the service. The location is great no doubt about that.

I wasn't wowed when I went. They were very very busy that's for sure which perhaps contributed, some friends had arranged for a wonderful table for us which helped but the food wasn't that tasty.

Most people would say that's a rare experience though so Im going to give it another try

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I remember that experience that you had Keith.
    In all honesty though, I love Citricos and we have never had a bad experience when dining there although we normally manage to have our friend [Gwen] as our server who takes really good care of us.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We too have never had a problem with the meals there and it is probably our second favorite restaurant on site.

What Keith says about the DDP is true but the OPs question was about the private dining room which I believe is a totally separate experience. You may be able to use the Platinum dining plan but I'm not totally sure about the regular DDP. Doesn't the private room normally entail a larger group and a special menu?

5. keith

I stand or rather sit :) corrected, I missed the private dining room bit. I think it's one table seating up to 12 people but as to ddp it's certainly not clear from the ddp sheet :/

6. ryno

ryno Earning my ears

Thanks for the feedback. It's true I am asking specifically about the private room as we'll be a party of 11. Here's hoping one of you out there knows the answer about applying the DDP to this.

Having been to WDW numerous times our group has favorite places to dine. But does anyone have suggestions for places or special services (our youngest will be turning 5 during our visit) that we may have missed somehow.

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I think I would actually call either Disney Dining or Citrico's direct on this one.

8. keith

I agree. You'll have to call to book the thing anyway so it would be better than anyone guessing :yes: