1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

sanford or MCO?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by DisneyAddict, Jul 4, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Which airport is the better to go into?

I get the feeling that sanford is faster but much further away?

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we love sanford its smaller and easier to navigate if more than one plane land though it can be really hectic. we love the drive down to disney but we dont go the way they send you from the hire car companies we prefer to go through lake mary :)

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

speaking as an able bodied traveller ive been thru both and i must say i like sanford better. its smaller, faster to get out of and i dont mind the hour drive down the 417 toll road to kissimmee to where we stay which is always the davenport area villas.

BUT as a disabled traveller as i am now, my last trip i was picked up in a wheelchair directly outside the plane door, went straight thru immigration without waiting even 5 minutes, got a baggage handler to collect our cases, then he took us up to the car hire desk, baggage handler still in tow, got the minivan and we were gone, so really was a good arrival for me last trip at MCO :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Must say I like SANDFORD the best much easier to get out off even though it is abit further to travel

5. disneyeater

disneyeater Earning my ears

If you are not renting a car then MCO makes more sense because of ME. Otherwise, I would guess it is more of a preference thing. I have no issues with getting through MCO fairly quickly.

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I guess that I`m in the minority here as personally I do prefer MCO. It is one of the best international airports that I`ve visited in my travels, apart from which, I really don`t have any choice as we always fly with VA!
    I must admit that it is a much "prettier" drive to WDW from Sanford though, despite it taking a tad longer than from MCO.