1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

sanford or mco?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by pigletpete, Jan 21, 2009.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

hiya all :wave:

Which is better and should it make so much difference that we alter airlines to fly to the better of the two?

for example most charter seem to go to sanford is mco any better ?

2. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

We prefer Sanford because it is smaller and you don't have the bag drop off twice thing which can be a real pain. It does take longer to get to Kissimmee but it's a straight run and very easy to do. That's just our opinion though and others prefer MCO.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It`s down to each persons preferences.
    Personally, I much prefer MCO. It really is a pleasant airport...as far as airports go!
    On the other hand, Sanford is much smaller so you will be in and out a lot quicker than at MCO. The downside being that it is further away from the Disney area than MCO.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I guess as long as I've arrived in one piece in Orlando, I couldn't possibly care less :lol:

I found sanford worse all told because when we arrived, we were in a HUGE queue for immigration because other planes had lander at the same time. MCO seems better able to cope with the rush

Then it took way longer and cost us more to get to Disney from sanford.

On the way back, everyone was in one terminal and milling around. It just felt very packed and uncomfortable to me.

MCO I admit is a pain with the two bag pickups BUT it's a nice airport as Slowhand says and of course, you can only do Disney Magical Express from mco which is another reason why I prefer it

5. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

I'm lucky enough to have an American husband so we line up in the far righthand line, at Sanford, for the Americans.... but when it gets to the end of the line, so keep your eyes peeled, they take the Brits through.

6. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

MCO is a nicer airport with more facilities, shops etc but you can get out of Sanford much quicker which means that in time from landing to arriving at WDW there is not a lot of difference even though Sanford is further away. Magical Express is only from MCO.

I'd go for the cheapest and most convenient flight option but I'd not choose one airport over the other.