1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Saratoga Springs Resort

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Vikki, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We've booked a studio next year at SSR and I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help with.

We're travelling with a 4 year old and a 7 month old, I hear they have 'pack and play' things there for babies, what on earth is one of those :lol: ?

Where would you suggest is the best location to request a room? We don't mind not being close to everything, but we do like to be in nice surroundings, with a nice view if possible. We'd go for plesant and quiet over noisy and close to amenities.....

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

A pack and play is a fold up play pen. We had one at our house when Nathanael was a baby. It is a good, safe, place to place the baby if there is something you have to do and can't just put the baby down somewhere.

This link should give a good idea what they look like:Pack and Play

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

This resort is huge!!! If you're looking for pleasant and quiet then I suggest a building by one of the quiet pools away from the main pool and building. Buildings 51-54 & 55-58 are nice and it's not that bad of a walk to the main area.

[​IMG]

4. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

To add to what USCwest said, the pack n plays are also small cribs for babies. They are not quite as big as the playpens from when I was a kid. Pack n plays are big in the US for travelling, grandparents'/childcare houses, or to have in an area of a house when the child's bedroom is a distance away from the main living part of the house. Basically it's a cheap, small poartable crib. :)

We stayed in Congress Park (F in the above map) on our last stay. It was very quiet and in the section that is closest to the walkway to DTD. However it was VERY far from the main pool (close to a quiet pool) and the main building. We had a car but otherwise you'd probably have to take the bus to get to those main areas.
    Another visit we stayed in The Paddock (section E). It was a bit more lively but let me tell you about the walk to the main building/pool! It was horrid!! You see that line that crosses the waterway connecting E with D? Well that's a walkway and it's totally in the sun and it was exhasting!!
    We are staying there next month so I'll report back where are room location is and if it was any good!!

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

That's where we had stayed but didn't think the walk was that bad. I should mention though that we were there in January so the sun was not as potent. It is one of the safest since you don't have to worry about any auto traffic.

6. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

I would agree on the safety part of that section. You really can't walk to the main buildings from Congress Park. I don't remember seeing any walkways, but again, I wasn't really looking to walk.

We were there in mid-June=HOT!! :tongue:

7. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

yep definitely agree 51-54

8. Vikki

I would rather be within better walking distance to DTD than the main building to be honest - we prefer to be away from the main areas really.
    Is that pack and play going to be suitable for a 7 month old baby to sleep in, or can I request a 'proper' cot?

9. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

I dont' know if you can request a proper cot Vikki. I know you can 'rent' actual cribs from an off-site vendor. I know Ben was a big baby, not sure if your little girl will be big too, but even at 7 months a pack n play should be ok. Typically a pack n play can be used until about 1 yr. They don't have sturdy bottoms or actual mattresses so once a baby can stand it's probably not that useful. (just MHO though)

10. Vikki

I see. I guess we'll wait and see if she is as much of a giant as her brother (well remembered Rosie!).

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Steven was a big lad at 8 months and the pack and play thing was fine for him.

12. Vikki

Thanks Dawn. I don't think I've ever been so nervous about an upcoming trip!

13. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Bit more to think about this time isnt there! Its a shame virgin have changed their luggage allowance, you probably couldve done with a bit of extra!

14. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

The pack and play should be plenty sufficient Vikki. You may want to request a extra blanket from the hotel to line the bottom.

15. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

#Ooooh yes, no bedding provided. We knew about that so took the necessary. Steven was in a Grobag so just needed that and a bottom sheet.

16. Vikki

Well, if this one is anything like Ben, she'll be in a Growbag too, so will just need to request a base sheet.
    Kate, we travel pretty light anyway, so I don't think the luggage should be a problem to be honest. We're intending on just taking the minimum of nappies etc and buying them out there so we don't clog the case up :yes: It's just food I'm undecided on, Ben only had home made as whenever we went out I'd just take a pot of that with me, but I'm going to have to get this one onto jars as I can hardly take home made to Florida :lol:

17. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Hmm, think im going to have to take a look at my packing strategies, not once have i ever managed to pack light and that includes holidays in this country! We bought nappies out there for isabelle, i bought pampers ones but didnt find them quite as absorbent as ours so had to change more frequently.

18. Vikki

Ah that's worth knowing......

19. Vikki

Does anyone know if thery have the movie nights there? If so, are they any good?

20. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

about the pack N play... Tatiana semi slept in one when we went at 18 months... I say semi because she prefered to snuggle up with me after the first night, hahaha, but she DID fit, granted shes always been small, but still.. at 18m she was definitily larger than a 7mo :)