1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Sci fi dine in

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Suebeattie, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

I was looking at this one as well to book when we are in Hollywood studios and was wondering whether it was worth the money or not, would love to hear from you guys who have eaten here before.
    Will it be suitable for zac (he'll be 20 months)?
    Thank you :yes:

:wiggle:
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I was quite surprised with this restaurant, we were seated earlier than our time, the food was hot, fresh and tasty, our server was good. I had the Reuben sandwich which was deliscous and Caitlin had the picnic burger, the films were funny. I'm not sure about a 20 month old as ive not taken a little one but it's quite dark and loud in there and some of the seats are within a car so are fixed and quite cramped, I felt a little hemmed in at times. You can sit on normal tables though. Oh the milk shakes are good to!
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's a mixed bag in a way. It's usual Disney expensive prices for burgers and things but at the same time, the drive through movie theming is quirky and fun.

There definitely isn't much space to move in the "car" booths though as britchick says.

All in all, if you fancy the novelty theming it's a winner, but I never find there's much special with the food
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It's a fun restaurant. We have been several times just to get onion rings and milk shakes. I have even asked if that would be ok and was assured it was fine. Then our server got a bit miffed. :nono: that will not do as I tip very well to begin with and was going to tip even more due to not ordering a full meal.
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I thoroughly enjoy the SciFi. We have always had good service and good food. It's absolutely a burger and fries/sandwich sort of place - but they do it well. The kids LOVE the cars - though I'm not sure how Master Zac would do. I don't think he'd be scared at all (in fact, he'd probably be mesmerized by the movie screen!) but I suspect the servers would know well how to handle it. I think I might give it a shot if I were you! It's a fun place, quite kitchy and fun!
  6. Suebeattie

Im thinking that we need to do it as we dont know when we are likely to go back again so want to make the most of our time there.
    Thank you for your help :D

7. Beccaberry

Let us know how you make out! Oftentimes, they'll give the "youngest drivers" a "drivers license" and issue them a speeding ticket (the bill!).
  8. Suebeattie

Ah that sounds really cute - mind you I think zac might try to eat the speeding ticket lol. Im thinking we might give it a go - at the moment im thinking why the hell not :D

9. Beccaberry

Now there's the spirit!!!!
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

This is a place we always intend to try, but since we don't often get over to DHS, we sort of forget about it. :sorry:

We have had the ribs from there though. Back when the Food and Wine Festival used to feature WDW restaurant chefs, we tried their ribs (the barbecue sauce's secret ingredient is coca cola). They were very good!

So! We'll get there one day. :yes:
  11. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

If you love campy things and classic sci-fi, it's definitely worth it. The food is good, the service (when we went) was really top-notch, and its definitely Disney fun. That being said, it can be a little loud, and it is dark and there is constant sci-fi playing, which might frighten a little one.
  12. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

They mess up with our food order last year but the food was nice. They were quick to sort it out so we would go back again.

I quite like the cars and the movie. It is quite camp and fun :yes: