1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Senses Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Opening the 17th December

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

A soothing escape into a world of pampering and relaxation is just steps away from Disney theme park fun at the newly re-imagined Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

The fully remodeled spa, now owned and operated by Disney, is set to open December 17.

Spa-goers first walk through the new Victorian style entryway and indulge in a relax, renew, or imagine journey that’s determined by your treatment choice.

gf-spa-1.jpg

The centerpiece of the spa’s lobby is an original mural reflecting old Florida landscape and nature. Glass mosaic tiles in the Jacuzzi rooms further enhance the elegance and sophistication of the spa. All the senses are engaged in an ultimate relaxation experience – flavorful and soothing elixirs, color variations in lighting and orchestral music harmonize with the treatment selected.

gf-spa-2.jpg

Some 15 treatment rooms offer full-service pampering services such as watertherapy, sugar exfoliation body treatment, rejuvenating citrus facial, a restorative hand and foot ritual with Chinese Jasmine oils, plus a Magical Manicure or Princess Pedicure for youngsters. Lounges, whirlpools, and treatment rooms all provide rejuvenation through the healing nature of Florida citrus and botanicals.

gf-spa-3.jpg

The new menu of services also includes a signature 80-minute Grand Floridian treatment featuring a special aromatherapy massage.

Guests can book spa appointments at the new Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort beginning November 15, by calling 407-WDW-SPAS (407-939-7727)
  2. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

it looks pricey
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I just don't get going to a spa at WDW, you can go to one anywhere :shrug1:
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Didn't you know that Mickey gives massages, manicures, pedicures.............. :wink:
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I like a spa on vacation, Brit. I understand what you are saying and do agree, but for me (and surely others?) vacation is the time when I do try to relax and do those things I don't otherwise have the time, or take the time to do.

I think it was the cruising that got me into spa days. There isn't much to do at sea, so spending time in the spa is very nice. :yes:

I don't much care for "budget" spas though. Learned that when I had a series of massages from Massage Envy, a chain spa here in Florida (and maybe elsewhere, I don't know). They are really low budget and charge extra for everything, so it really detracted from the entire experience.

So! All that to say, I like very nice and poshy spas :D and visit them when on vacation as that is the only time I have! :D
  6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Massage Envy is here as well though I have never been.

It looks beautiful. A massage during the middle of a trip would be a delight but it is pricey.

I have actually found a gem. Inside MCO there is an Express Spa type place. I get a wonderful foot massage and a chair massage and I feel better returning home.
  7. Britchick

i really like spas too and spent a day in one in Thailand, it was absolutely amazing but there's so much else to do at WDW, each to their own though. Are there any extra special things at a disney spa?

anyone know if there's a massage express in international departures in MCO, i'd happily have a foot massage there!
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I'll take a look when I get home. I have a brochure and a card. The foot massage is awesome
  9. Britchick

thank you, i noticed they had one at london heathrow terminal 5 right by the gate, if i'd have realised that i would have got to the gate earlier!
  10. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I was going to say exactly that.

Jai always books me a spa day when we are in Florida at Bahama Bay (Eleuthera Spa ) I have a full body massage, facial and body scrub for $110 plus tax (it includes tip)

I absolutley love it :yes:

Sandra
  11. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Yes, there's one at MCO Brit, it's just to the right as you get off the monorail thingie :)

Sandra
  12. Britchick

Cool, thanks