Seven Hotels Planned for Disney's Flamingo Crossings

Discussion in 'Disney Corporate and General News' started by Wendy, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

John Rubini of J L Properties has announced that more hotels will be built at Disney's Flamingo Crossings, the property being built on the south side of property near the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

JL Properties originally developed the first two hotels at Flamingo Crossings and now has plans to build a further seven hotels over the next few years. The first two hotels will be called TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites and it is anticipated that these will be open by January 2016 with 500 rooms. A further two more hotels should open by 2017. Rubini said that the plan is to have four hotels open in time for the opening of Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites will accommodate Wide World of Sports athletes, with shared batting cages, basketball court and practice field.

Flamingo Crossings is a 450-acre, value-oriented tourist district that will serve tourists that stay on the western side of Walt Disney World.

2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    I'm confused. ESPN Wide World of Sports is on the South side of the property.

3. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

My bad :redface: