1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

share large meals at Disney?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disney1sttimer, Feb 17, 2011.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Is it allowable at Disney restaurants to share a plate ? must we pay more or anything and how should we approach asking for this? thanx

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'm not sure about a sharing charge but many of our members share meals.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've not ever seen a sharing charge at any Disney restaurant. Of course, you cannot share at a buffet, but anywhere else sharing is quite acceptable.

Simply order "for the table" and ask for two empty plates (we do this often at Chefs du France) or order whatever it is you intend to share and tell the server you are going to share. Most often they will have the food nicely divided between two plates.

If you intend to share a margarita at the Cave in Mexico be SURE to get it to go and be SURE to tell the bartender you are sharing. :D :D :D They ALWAYS give you extra so you both end up with a full drink! :yes: :D

4. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Earning my ears

Order for the table makes pefect sense and sounds nicer than we'll be sharing

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I agree! :D We usually order everything we'd like (for example, charcuterie plate, salade nicoise, an entree ... at Chefs du France) and then ask for the small plates to serve ourselves from. We'll get a carafe of wine too... makes for a nice meal, and you don't feel as though you have to devour a huge amount of food... Plus, we like choices, and this allows us to try a bit more than if we limited ourselves to a single entree.

6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I think "for the table" is much less awkward to say that "we're sharing" :yes: I'll definately remember that one - for whenever it is we get to go again!

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great thread :thumbsup:
    Never had the courage to ask in the past but after reading this, then we will definately share some of the meals in the future.
    We actually have been put off going into a restaurant in the past as we weren't hungry enough for the large servings.