1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Share your Disney Secrets!

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Johnie, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

What is the biggest secret tip you could give to someone taking a trip to WDW?
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

If you're traveling with children and don't have plans to go back to the hotel midafternoon (which is a BRILLIANT idea, IMO) try making an ADR at a "sit down" restaurant...this can do wonders...a bit of time in the air conditioning, a nice place to sit down and relax, perhaps a character encounter...it can go far in rejuvenating you for the evening!!

On that same note, MAKE ADR'S IN ADVANCE!!! Gone are the times we you could realistically "walk in" at table service restaurants....do your research (right here on these boards!!) and make some plans before your trip!
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  3. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

You go to MK on the mono rail??

You fancy riding in with the driver??

If you ask the guard on the platform very nicely there is a good chance he will get you in there.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

When visiting the World Showcase, make it a goal to speak to at least one cast member of each country. Ask some questions about the country; show interest. :yes: You'll be amazed at how welcome your interest will be! :yes:
  5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Another World Showcase tip:
    Have a good look at the sides of each country and go around to the backs too. There are some amazing things hidden away! :p015:
  6. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

smile, be nice...even when you feel like screaming! A smile and a kind word goes along way to making a very magical day :) Don't believe me? Try it...:)
  7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh, i couldn't agree more. The first year we went to Epcot, I left feeling so dissappointed. After joining an onsite WDW site, I learnt that there were allsorts of great things going on in WS that we simply missed becasue we didn't know they were there. Now, I have to visit at least twice each trip and I love Epcot.
  8. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

MUST TRY

*Margaritas at the Mexico pavillion cantina

*Turkey Legs, buy them before you head into the Fantasmic theater at MGM :)

*Casey's hot dogs!!!
  9. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

Book an ADR for the 1st morning - you will be up early anyway & we went to Cinderella's Castle for 8.10am - it was brill walking down a nearly empty Main Street & we got some brill pics xx
  10. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

very true - first mornng brits are always awake at ridicuous o'clock in the morning and EVERY time i ring guest services to ask when breakfast starts as I can never remember - we have loads of pics of steaming hotel pools at 5 am :lol:
  11. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Great advice for those traveling east to west! :thumbsup:

Doesn't work so well for those of us traveling west to east. We're going to sleep about the time you're waking up! :lol:
  12. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Always buy bottled water at WalMarts or Publix and take them half frozen to the parks. It really does save on money if you have four people drinking water all day every day, it soon adds up.
  13. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

If you are staying onsite get an early morning call, it's all done on the phone in your room and get your kids to answer it.... do it several times during your stay, it's free and there will be a surprise person to greet them!
  14. Tink

If you are celebrating something special, ask at a WDW park's Guest Relations if they have a badge (free) for the celebration. :yes: They have all sorts now, birthday, anniversary, wedding... first visit!
  15. minnie-me

Sorry Taja - didn't think about that!
  16. Mike

Mike Imagineer

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    1. Try going without the kids! It's much more relaxed!:tongue:

2. Get up early. The biggest obstacle to getting plenty done in the parks is not the time of year, it's getting there after opening time. You can sleep in late on your own time at home on weekends! I've been Christmas and Easter (3 or 4 times) and we've always done everything we've wanted before we....

3. Leave the parks early afternoon and head back to your villa or hotel for a swim/sleep/drink etc. (travelling with or without kids!)

4. Go to Jellyrolls!:thumbsup:

5. Volunteer as an Indiana Stunt Show extra! (see 2008 trippie, linked below)

6. If you can afford it, stay on-site at Universal for the Front of Line access.

7. Visit Celebration for coffee and unwinding on the lakeside rocking chairs.

8. Use Sweet Tomatoes to get some veggies back in your diet after a week on grilled meat products!

Mike:yes:
  17. Mapman

Mapman Forum Advertiser

Blimey Mike, don't tell everyone about "our" favourite thing to do or we won't get a seat next time - LOL

If you're NOT staying on-site at Disney . . you can still visit their hotel resorts to have a look around and also to eat at their restaurants. If you're driving, just take some ID with you and the security guards will issue you with a 3 hour car pass.

Also, one of my favourite things to do when visiting Magic Kingdom is to hop on the monorail at lunch time, head round to the Polynesian and have lunch at the Kona Café before walking down to the Poly Marina and then hiring one of the little Sea Raycer motorboats (used to be called Water Mice). These are a blast, and they hire them out to non-residents too (again, just take ID). Then walk along the sandy beach to have a nose around the Grand Floridian before getting a water launch back to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic and Wishes . . . what a fabulous day !
  18. tinkermom76

tinkermom76 Earning my ears

What is this.. I have coffee tattooed on me and I will try anything coffee
  19. Tink

They have a coffee shop there. :yes: You can get some to go and then sit by the lake's edge in a rocker, or on a park bench and enjoy the view as you sip your java. :yes:
  20. minnie-me

This year we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fayre - fantastic.

[​IMG] [​IMG]