1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Share your secrets! What do you carry in your backpack?

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Tink, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Or your waist pack, purse, shopping sack, whatever you carry into the park?

What's in there? Care to share with us what you carry with you, and why? :yes: :D
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I take a bumbag that also looks ok over the shoulder for when I've finished at the parks.
    I take camcorder plus spare battery and tape. (DH carries the camera)
    comb (have to keep looking pretty!)
    I pop some TC's and cash into a pocket of the bumbag (no purse)
    contact lense refresher
    mobile phone (this also has a dictophone to keep info for trippies when I get home)

I usually keep a lipgloss, face powder, deoderant wipes and perfume in the car glove compartment so that if we go on anywhere after the park closes, I can freshen up.
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I don't! I have me, my room key, a few dollars, a cell phone in my pocket and camera round my neck and that's it :lol:
  4. Tink

If it's a quick visit, it's the cc and AP in the pocket. Maybe the camera in it's little bag, with my cell. :yes:

If it's an extended visit, or one with guests or our Seth, then look out! :lol: There will be drinks, sandwiches, fresh fruit, veggies, wipes, change of clothes for the boy, small towel, sunscreen, hat, glasses (he takes them off and on) ponchos, and wipes for mosquitos. :yes: The camera bag will have the camera, the cell, extra batteries and extra memory card.

Depending upon the time of year, there will be an umbrella stuck in there somewhere.
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I have my small across the body Kipling Bag which contains a small coin purse, park pass, my glasses in case of problems with contacts, sunscreen, tissues and a small pack of wipes.

DH carries the camera bag with camera and camcorder.

DS carries a small backpack with the raincoats in. :D
  6. Tink

Nice! Sharing the load is MUCH nicer that one person lugging it all. Seth is now at the age where he wants his own little backpack. :yes:

Since the advent of Crocs, I no longer carry an extra pair of shoes and socks during the rainy season. :D
  7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Do you know it only occured to me after we got home and I was looking at the photos that DS carried that bag every day! :)
  8. Tink

We do carry a soft sided cooler when the boy or other guests are with us. That carries the things that need to be kept cold. Saves a bundle, but more importantly we don't run the risk of food bourne illness with a little one, nor stomach upset due to unfamiliar food.

Yeah. I'm a freak. :(
  9. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

all 3 of us carry a fanny pack, plus I have a mesenger bag...Mickey Mouse of course :). Inside is indiviual anti bacteria wipes( for the potty mostly...I know where my rear has been...yours...not so much!) an personal first aid kit( got them from target...about 1/2 as thick as a deck of cards and just a a bit longer), our cameras and travel size deoderants( we don't do BO!) and of course our travel drink mixes..lipton teas mostly lol. The messenger bag has refills and is put in a locker with the big camera( we go back for refills and about 2 hrs before the fireworks).
  10. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I've only got a small bum bag but it holds so much. CC's, a few $, sunglasses, paper tissues, normal glasses (I need them for seeing close up), used to carry cigarettes but stopped a couple of years ago. Room pass, camera. That's all I can think of but I'm mentally unpacking it so there's sure to be more :yes:
  11. SleepinCatz

lol I completely forgot the small mickey purse that hangs around my neck. That carries my room card and some change lol
  12. Tink

Congratulations to you Piglet! :hug2: That is a horrid thing to do, quit smoking but once you've done it what a glorious thing, eh? :yes:

Oh, nearly forgot. I carry ibuprofen with me too. And, Zantac. I have wicked trouble with indigestion. :rolleyes:

Carrying a first aid kit is a great idea, but for those who don't you can get bandaids (very nice ones, I might add) ibuprofen, anti-itch stuff... ect. without cost at the first aid stations in each park.

If you have a little one and forget or run out of something important (diapers, formula, baby food, ect.) you can purchase those items in the baby care centers located near the first aid stations. The one in EPCOT is my personal favorite. When Seth was younger we visited each one as we used the parks. MK was jammed with a disinterested CM. AK was set up for really small children, not so much for the growing toddler, don't honestly remember DHS, but EPCOT had it all. Tables large enough for a toddler (or much larger child, which I thought was particularly nice) clean high chairs, a nice playroom, a private nursing area, a microwave, sink, free water dispenser...etc. AND CMs who were helpful and really interested. :yes:
  13. SleepinCatz

oh yeah...we carry our mid day and evening doses of meds with us...love those travel pill cases :)

it's amazing what those packs can carry lol
  14. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

In my backpack are a poncho in a ziploc bag, brush, lipstick, small baggie with Tylenol, Benadryl and a tummy med, a pen, my little plastic thingie that Disney sends travel docs in (I put all my paper thingies I might need in there), camera. That's about it.
  15. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Well, since I can no longer carry a backpack I have cut down to:

Purse/ camera & spare battery/ tissues & a handkerchief / a fan/ antiseptic wipes/ bandaids/ sunglasses/sun lotion/ insect repellent/ aspirin/comb/mascara/ lip balm/ eyebrow pencil (I don’t have much brow left)/ little Piglet / mobile phone / brolly if raining/ a nut bar (I have to eat right away if I feel faint)/ a bottle of water for some of the day

so it all fits in to my Kipling overbody bag. :)
  16. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Looks like kipling are a fave among us.....mine's a kipling too. I have the waist bag.
  17. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I like them because they don't weigh much before you stuff them. :lol:
  18. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

We have 3 kids....it's more like what DON'T I carry in the backpack! Snacks, moleskin, extra strength Excedrine, diapers, wipes, change of clothes (for the 2 little guys), small flashlight, bottles, baby food, water.....
  19. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Dd comes with everything but the kitchen sink so i take the minimal for me, purse, tickets,camera and money.
  20. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I carry a soft leather shoulder bag--usually about 10" wide x 7" high x 3" deep. The last few WDW visits, it has been Stone Mountain, but it can vary. I like a lightweight bag that can be used throughout the holiday.

What I carry...

Sunglasses usually are on my face or on top of my head, but they fit in the purse if necessary. I do carry a spare pair of sunglasses--lost a pair in Mickey's PhilharMagic one year and had to pay an outrageous amount for a pair I didn't like--but I didn't like any of the others, either! :lol: The spare pair is very compact and doesn't take a lot of space.

Wallet--includes ID (drivers license), medical/dental insurance cards, money for the day and a TC or two in case I'm in the mood to spend a bit! :D Everything else is removed before leaving home to lighten the load.

Reading glasses. No choice. Can't read a map, schedule or price tag without them!

Bottle strap.

Disposable rain poncho, depending on the weather.

Battery-operated fan & extra AA batteries for fan & camera.

Itinerary with ADRs and essential contact information, pen & paper.

Cell phone.

Packet of facial tissues.

Sinus & pain relief medication, evening supplements (usually at the parks until quite late), packet of protein drink mix in case I'm hungry and can't find a CS menu that appeals. Sorry! Really don't like the hamburgers at WDW and get very tired of chicken strips after about three days! :lol:

Cosmetic bag contains...
    Contact lens conditioning solution (travel size), small mirror, lip emolient, hand lotion or cream, sunscreen, a few antibacterial wipes--I'm not very conscientious about using them--hair brush. Oh! Extra bands in case I want to put my hair up or pull it back completely. Nail file.

The camera is in it's own little bag and attached to the strap of the purse for easy access.

If I'm at WDW during hot/very warm weather (very rarely), I also have a hat I can fold and put in my purse when I'm not wearing it. Not a fashion statement, but it's great sun protection! :D

That's all I can think of at the moment. Some items I carry on a regular basis, others are strictly for the trip.