1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Shhhh can you keep a secret?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Vikki, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

DH doesn't use this board so I think I'm pretty safe asking this on here :)

We're going to WDW next year for the first time with our little man, but it'll also be DH's birthday (well, in May, but August isn't that much later).

We're staying at AKL for the first few days, then POP then WL concierge. We stayed at WL concierge for our wedding anniversary last time we went to WDW and loved it so much we're going back.

Anyway, I was thinking of upgrading our AKL room to conceirge too, as a 30th present for Anthony. Has anyone stayed there? How does it compare to WL concierge, and is it worth it do you think?

Thanks!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I havent tried it but I think it means you can do the special safari which is apparently pretty great :)

3. Vikki

Oooo, do you know if they would allow a 2 year old on that? I know on some of the tours you have to be a certain age....

We did the AK concierge tour last time, but I have heard there is one just for if you're staying at AKL.....

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I would definately stay at AKL and WL...concierge is even better. I would love to do the sunrise safari. That looks so amazing.

Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure is available to Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge guests only.

The Adventure is available on Sundays and Thursdays with a limit of 28 persons. Guests are transported to the Animal Kingdom's Kilimanjaro Safari area. The tour along the safari ride path lasts about 45 minutes and includes multiple stops, so that you can stand up and take pictures. Each of the animals along the way is described in great detail.

After the Safari, you can go to Tusker House for a breakfast buffet which includes both standard American and African items. Each person also gets a Fast Pass to Kilimanjaro Safari. The tour begins at 7:00 am and costs $27.50 for Guests ages 3 to 9 and $55.00 for Guests 10 and older. Prices include tax, gratuity, tour and breakfast. (Not included in Magic Your Way Packages) The Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure can be booked by contacting Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge directly.

5. Vikki

Ahhh, so presumably a two year old Ben would be free :)

Think I need to check this whole thing out more :yes: Anthony said today we might be staying at AKL for 6 nights rather than 4 so that's putting the price of concierge up for me :lol: He even suggested staying concierge today and I said no as it would be too expensive and we were already staying WL concierge.....not sure how I managed to keep a straight face :lol:

6. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Firstly Vikki love the pic of that handsome boy xx
    What a lovely surprise that would be sounds amazing
    Jacqui xxx

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Ooooooh! Glad you were able to keep a straight face! What a wonderful surprise!

What are you going to do when your DH registers on this board? :lol:

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

:p015:OOOooo..this sounds so nice!! This is going to be an amazing gift for your Dh

9. Vikki

Get someone to delete the thread!

10. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

I think you should go for it Vikki, it will be an amazing pressie for Anthony do you think he might guess tho after last times little 'surprises'!! but can you ring them up and pay for the upgrade separately? How will Anthony not know??!!!!! Unless you are dealing with all the finances and paying for the holiday etc etc...!

11. Vikki

I'm sure I can figure out a way. When I did it last time we booked with a US agent and she sorted everything for me, she was wonderful. However, if free dining is offered for our dates we'll be booking with Disney UK, so not sure how I'm going to get around that.... However, I do tend to sort the finances in the house so I may be ok! It's just sooooo frustrating waiting around for things to be released :lol:

12. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Sounds sooo nice Vikki! HOw many days are you staying at each place?

13. Vikki

Crikey, plans have changed again now! Anthony is sooo fickle :)

So now we are going for 14 nights at POR (if free dining comes out, POP if it doesn't). The 7 nights at Contemporary (MK view), we think, still not too sure on which deluxe yet. Reason for that is that WL concierege doesn't have any availability for our dates, so we thought instead of going to ALK and WL we'd put it together and go to a different deluxe for a bit longer. Now I have the problem of, if we do book the Contemporary do I just leave it at the MK view we book our try and secretly upgrade....which I think would really cost a fortune for 7 nights!

Argh!