1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Should I bring a stroller

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Jess, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Jess

Jess Earning my ears

I am taking my family to Disney this spring:wiggle: with kids ages 17, 9, 5, and 1. I am definitely bringing a stroller for the one year old but the debate is whether to bring a stroller for the 5 year old. DH says that she is too old and we shouldn't because of the hassles of carrying on the buses. I say that carrying her after the fireworks will not be fun. Any advice?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Personally I would take it with you to have the option, the amount of walking is a lot for a 5 year old. I once went with a friend and we had kids from age 3 to 8, we rented 2 double strollers and were glad we did. Even the 8 year old was glad of it and it was a lot easier when there were crowds as I knew exactly where they were!
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, have a stroller for the 5 year old. It is a LOT of walking for little ones, and they will get tired. Carrying a sleeping or tired five year old through the end of night crowd is NOT a fun job.
  4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I'm not going to say one way or the other on the stroller for the five year old. What I will do is tell you what happened to me.

When my daughter was 4, we went to spend the day at the Magic Kingdom. This was back in the late 70's. At the time, the park opened at 9AM and stayed open till around midnight. We arrived early in the morning right as the park was opening. She was so excited. Anyway, we went all day long. She'd run almost everywhere we went. This went on until the after the parade and fireworks in the evening. As we were heading out right before closing time, she was still going pretty strong. I was amazed.

Finally, as we were walking down Main Street toward the train station she walked over to the curb, sat down, put her elbows on her knees, cradled her head in her hands and said, "it's no good dad, I just can't go on anymore".
    This from a 4 year old. :ROFL:

I had to pick her up and carry her the rest of the way out of the park and back to our car.

Tom :)macwave:... your mileage may vary.)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

so sweet!
  6. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

We took one when we went in 2003, which would have made my youngest 21 months, but in 2005 we didn't take one. He would have been3 years 8 months. I didn't remember thinking god I wish we'd taken it.
    But then my boys might be completely different to your little ones,
    My cousin is going next year with a 4 years 8 month old, she is taking hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

With one exception our grand kids have all been close to or at 9 years of age. The one that wasn't was 7. None of them had any problems walking around all day. Younger ones may need the stroller but ours certainly did not at their age.
  8. Jess

Jess Earning my ears

Thanks for all the advice. I love the story about the 4 year old. That's something you'll remember forever. I think we may just bring an umbrella stroller for her and leave it at the hotel unless it seems like she's needing it. Then we won't have to rent one if the first few days get rough.
  9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Ooh go and post this thread on the Dis....................... oops better not....
  10. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Have you considered a buggy board?
    On our last trip we had a buggy for our 6 month old and a clip on buggy board for our 4 year old, it was brilliant!
  11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think its been decided, but here's another vote for YES on the stroller for a 5 year old :)

It will make things so much easier :)
  12. Jess

Jess Earning my ears

So what we decided is to get one of the sit and stand strollers. The 5 year old loves the idea. We are thinking it would be more convienient to ship them to the resort. Are they really good about being able to locate stuff that was delivered so that we will have it right away on the first day?
  13. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Hope it works out for you guys that way!

Thanks for the update!

Ive had packages shipped to the resort before, make sure you put the name on your reservation and reservation code on anything you plan to ship.

You can also rent strollers in Orlando, in case its cheaper than shipping. I have a few friends that have used Orlando Stroller Rental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk