1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Sigourney Weaver to Return to Avatar

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

20091221_weaveravatar_560x375.jpg
    James Cameron has confirmed that Sigourney Weaver will return in a different role for all three Avatar sequels, despite having been killed off in the 2009.

Production of the Avatar sequels begin later this year and Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Stephen Lang will also return.

James Cameron said:

"We're good friends who've always worked well together, so it just feels right that she's coming back for the Avatar sequels," said Cameron in a statement. Her character of Grace Augustine, as fans know, died in the first movie, so she's playing a different and in many ways more challenging character in the upcoming films. We're both looking forward to this new creative challenge, the latest chapter in our long and continuing collaboration."

Avatar sequels will be filmed back-to-back with the first one to be released in December 2016, the second to follow in December 2017 and the third in 2018.
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I looked forward to the first Avatar for so long. First 3d movie, huge budget.... and I hated it :lol:
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Really, I loved it. What was it that disappointed you?
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

well massive sci-fi fan so I really expected to love it but I actually found it painfully stupid to sit through. didn't help that the 3d just gave me a headache
  5. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

"Unobtainium" - enough said. :rolleyes:
  6. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Actually, not quite enough said. I hate it when an actor is more than one character in the same 'universe'. You can get away with it in animated stories but not live action.

...I suppose they'll have to employ a cloning system or other such sci-fi device to justify Sigourney's return.