1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Silverstone - a photo trippie with lots of pics

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mumof2, Jul 6, 2009.

1. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

and finally!

We had a really good day spoilt only by the complete lack of stewards and organisation on leaving the car parks resulting in our 2 hour wait to get out of there! I think we moved about 10 feet in 2 hours before we made it onto the path! Crazy :thumbsdown:

On arrival each car park had been roped off leaving only an entrance but on leaving the ropes had been removed making it a free for all. Some people were driving along the edges of the fields to squeeze in further up and we witnessed a couple of drivers battling with their cars to get in front of each other as one of them wanted to barge his way onto the path. :nono:

Everything is free! You get the free tickets of course, if more than 4 of you are going then order 2 lots of tickets in different names.

There is a fairground which is free for under 16's but there may be long waiting lines. On Saturday my brothers family went and didn't wait too long but on Sunday we just didn't bother with it as the lines were huge!

The safety experience DH and DS9 had was also free but again, be prepared for a long wait for only a short ride which only takes 2 passengers in each car.

People were walking around with bags of freebies - posters, leaflets and maybe pens and stuff but again we didn't get any because we didn't see any!

Bring a picnic and lots to drink and you shouldn't have to spend any money unless you want to.

If we go next year we may go and do the main things on Saturday, camp nearby for the night then go back on Sunday but leave earlier. Although that's what my nephew and his friend did and it still took them quite some time to get out of the car parks.

So be prepared for lots of traffic!

There were some people with those pop up tents and BBQ's on the grassy areas.

Remember hats and suncream, and an umbrella would be useful for both keeping the sun off you or for rainy showers!

If you want to get around the whole place (which we didn't manage to do) be prepared to walk a lot!

Oh, and grab a map on entry, we didn't see any so didn't know what was where to start with until we found one laying on the ground!

Can't think of anything else at the moment so I will leave you with a few random pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:point:and in a really freaky moment.......!

[​IMG]

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

:lol: love that last photo!

Sounds like a blast! And would love to go super fast in one of those cars.

3. mumof2

I didn't actually realise that had flown by until I saw the photo later! It was a fab day out, really enjoyed it! My Mum went the day before with my brothers family and can't wait for next years event! :thumbsup:

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

looks like you had a real good day M and the photos are great thx for sharing :)

5. mumof2

you're welcome Mick, thanks for looking!

6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

thats ok M im a huge fan of motorsport

i cant find the pix of the last meet i went to maybe they were photos not digi ones will look as and when i can