1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Snow White’s Scary Adventures to Become Part of Magic Kingdom History on 31 May

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, May 24, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

snow-white-1.jpg

The New Fantasyland expansion is continuing, and work is about to begin on Princess Fairytale Hall, a royal meet-and-greet area that will replace the existing Snow White’s Scary Adventures attraction which will close permanently on May 31, to make way for this new character experience.

Located in the Castle Courtyard in the center of Fantasyland, Princess Fairytale Hall will be the new home for visiting royalty in the Magic Kingdom. The castle-like entrance will feature walls of stone and stained glass windows. The entrance will open into a large gallery – an airy space with a high ceiling and portraits of Disney Princesses. When it’s time for their audience with a princess, guests will proceed to an elegantly finished room to meet her. Princess Fairytale Hall is set to debut in late 2013.

Snow White’s story will play a big part in the area’s expansion with the debut of the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction in 2014. We previously shared details about this new attraction, in which guests can board mine train cars and take a sweeping voyage through the dwarfs’ glinting diamond mine. Walt Disney Imagineers are designing a unique ride system that allows each mine car to swing back and forth individually as the train twists and turns along the track.

snow-white-2.jpg

Until the mine train’s debut in 2014, fans can get their Snow White fix by meeting and greeting her (and other Disney princesses) at TownSquare Theater at the front of the park. She can also be seen in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade in the afternoon, and in the Main Street Electrical Parade after dark. (As usual, entertainment is always subject to change).

Will you be sad to see The Scary Adventures of Snow White close and/or you excited about the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train?
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

While I like the idea of the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, I'm still going to miss Snow White's Scary Adventures. :sigh:

It's been as much a tradition for us as IASW and I really hate to see it go. It may have been kind of old school, but it was a tradition. At least for us.

Tom :)macwave:... traditionalist...)
  3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Not another bloody princess thing.:furious:
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Somehow I think we have managed to miss this as many times as we have ridden it. I am looking forward to the mine train though.
  5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I really hope it doesn't turn out to be like the Paris one where you queue without knowing which princess you'll meet. The current one is a much better system as you meet about four, one after another. Niamh was disappointed that we queued for about two hours only to meet a princess she didn't want. It's too hard to explain to a three year old that she might not meet the princess she wants!