1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

So excited! We are off again next August.

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Mags, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I just couldnt help it. The itch was so bad that I had to contact Val. Well, she got us a great deal for our flights as well as for our accommodation. We are paying around £400 less each for our flights next year than we did in 2008.:yes:
    So here is what we are up to:-

4 nights at Homewood Suites on I Drive - this suits us well as we are non drivers and it allows us to do Seaworld, the malls and the great restaurants on that part of the Drive. Its a fab little hotel too!

2 nights at Royal Pacific. We are going back, having made the disastrous choice of Hard Rock last time.

10 nights at POFQ on the free ddp.

We leave on the 24th Aug. Anyone going then? Looking forward to lots of help with the planning, even though this will be our 6th visit. :wiggle:

Margaret

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wow! That's a nice holiday!!! :9: What was wrong with the Hard Rock? I've not ever stayed at the Universal resorts, so have no frame of reference for those.

I like Homewood Suites and try to stay in them as often as I can when I'm traveling for work. They aren't always where I need to go though.

So then, what sort of help would you like? :D

3. Mags

As far as HRH went Tink, it was partly my fault and partly the hotel's. I should have guessed that the name gave it away, but I couldnt put up with the music day and night. It was just too much and there was nowhere to get away from it except our room.
    The problems with the hotel - well, that is a whole different story. When we got to our pool view room, we couldnt believe it. We couldnt see any water through the trees and foliage. We were in a corner room with a constantly dripping drainpipe . This was not fun as we were here during Tropical storm Fay. As soon as we got in, I went into the bathroom. There was tissue everywhere and hair (yes, you can guess the variety) on the floor and in the bath.
    The furniture was so chipped and stained and the corridors were full of trash and carts as late as 10 at night. The carpets in our corridor was frayed at the edges and I almost went flying.
    The only place for breakfast apart from The Kitchen was the ice cream parlour - music included of course. At RPR we were able to grab a decent cup of coffee and a Danish in luxury (minus music TG) in the Islands dining room. What a difference!
    It was truly a disastrous stay and never ever could you force me through the door again. Also when we were leaving, we were pestered by the porters asking to lift our luggage in to the taxi. We said about four to five times that we didnt need help. So, as the taxi arrived, a porter that we had firmly said 'no' to came and lifted our cases from under our noses and put them in the taxi. That just topped the stay off with the proverbial tin hat.
    I love Homewood too. I always stay there. I just hope we enjoy POFQ. :yes:

Margaret

4. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

It sounds like a fun trip Margaret! And nice & long too :) I've never stayed at FQ but visited it often & love the grounds, pool, food court & such. Have stayed at Riverside & loved it so I imagine FQ is just as nice. Free dining plan would be SO nice!

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Good Heavens Mags, that's a pretty dismal stay! :eek: I'm really sorry that happened. I'd never go back either. I sure hope you didn't feel pressured into tipping that pushy bell hop. I've gone on and on in another thread about how much I hate that sort of thing.

I hope you enjoy POFQ. :yes: We've visited there a number of times and have had visiting family stay there. Everyone always enjoys themselves immensely.

I sure hope the weather doesn't bring you another Fay! :eek:

6. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Great news Mags. We are staying POFQ in a few weeks, so l will give you a complete run down. Sounds like a very well thought out trip.

7. Mags

Oh please do Siobhan. I am looking forward to some feedback on the hotel. Have a great holiday by the way.

Margaret

8. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

That's great Margaret, we're usually there August so we may see you :)

Sandra