1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

So tell me about the POR- French Quarter

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Shellyamc, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We've had very happy visits to POFQ. It's pretty to stroll around and, when we've been, very peaceful. A particularly nice thing to do is to sit on the benches beside the river. Lovely. :yes:

2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Well this is all good news :yes:

Sounds like a nice mix of calm/peaceful for the adults and lots of fun things for the kids to do. I think I am ready to venture outside the All stars :thumbsup:

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave:We stayed there twice, once when Tyler was quite young and again when he was about 8 or 9. It had a peaceful effect and was never screaming loud which was great when we came back from a very full day at the parks. He loves the beignets as well!

4. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Well, we got back last night...so hard to leave. :sigh:

We loved POFQ! It's such a nice tiny resort. We were in building 7, which as far away as possible from the main building, but it was still closer than our *preferred* building at ASM.

The pool is very nice, and the slide was cool. Jordan was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as big as it looked in the pictures, though. LOL We saw 3 CMs playing water games with the small kids...they seemed to be having a really great time.

And can I just say...BEIGNETS! (pronounced [ben-yey]) Be prepared to wait 10-15 minutes or so...they fry them to order and they are very popular. We heard one older man yelling at the manager because the rest of his breakfast got cold waiting for them

We took the boat to DTD...wonderful little trip down the river. Loved seeing the treehouse at Saratoga Springs.

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

sounds perfect! how long would you estimate it took you to get to the bus stop? I'm thinking of asking for a ground floor corner room and not specifying a building. Did you request anywhere?

6. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

We stayed at POFQ in 2010 and we totally fell in love with the resort. I was so sceptical about staying there and thought I had made the wrong decision. My favourite park is HS and even though I have been to WDW many times I kept convincing myself that POFQ was too far from my favourite park for easy access. Nonsense!
    I loved everything about the hotel from the s!ze (just perfect), to the theming and the ease from which we could get from our room to every part of the resort.
    We were in the block closest to the main building, so it was 30 secs to the QS restaurant (very good it was too), 1 min to the laundry room and pool and about 2 - 3 mins to the boat launch.
    It beat CSR hands down for us and I think that for every one of us it was our favourite resort.
    Edited to say that the bus stop is no more than 2-3 mins from any part of the resort. It took us about 1 min to get to it.

Mags

7. Britchick

Whoot! I will ask for corner and ground floor, thanks!

8. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Brit..can't really answer that since we always rent a car, but the bus stop is in front of the main building (I think) and the CM that checked us in said basically nothing is more than a 5 minute walk from anywhere It's really hard to imagine how small this resort really is until you see if for yourself. When having conversations with several CMs during the week...it was surprising how many claim FQ is their favorite resort.

We didn't request any place specific, but if we go back (which I would in a heartbeat if I can get a decent price) I would request building 4. It's right next to the main building...right across from the pool and right next to the parking lot. (But still has *garden view* rooms on the one side.)

9. Britchick

We're in standard view so view of the carpark i suspect lol