1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Soarin' Queueing

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by gwennie81, Nov 14, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

So how does one get on Soarin' if they're driving a disabled person's vehicle? I've never observed this and I'm going to be with a person driving a scooter tomorrow. HELP! Do they drive up the same queue or is there a handicap access? Should I not worry about it? Should I have her park outside The Land building and just walk in? I'm at a loss... :mental:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know? I don't know!!! You'll have to find out for us when you get there. I'd say go in and check at the entrance to Soarin' to be sure you have the right procedure. :yes:

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

There are no stairs in Soarin'. You just drive up the ramps in the normal cue. When you get down to where they line you up in rows they will put the disabled chair in the front row so that you are first in the door. The person must be able to transfer to a seat on the ride however.

We saw this happen on our latest trip.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Thanks, John!

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

USC is right. Bev just drove her scooter up the queue and stayed with us the whole time.
    The stupid thing is once you drive into the room, you have to drive to your row, while the people who just rode are trying to exit the room. Then Bev sat on the ride (I made her drive all the way over to the wall) and I buckled her in.
    When we got off the ride, the CM had driven her scooter up to the wall right by the door so everyone is leaving the room past us and Bev is trying to #1 get in her scooter, #2, then trying to back up, and #3 leave the room.
    It just seems there could be a better way...Like the fact that they let new riders in about 30 seconds too soon. I think that a little more time should be given for riders to leave the room. Even if it means a tad bit longer queue time.
    What do you think?

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Gwennie you have a good point. They should give current riders time to exit the show before they let the new riders in.