1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Sofitel or Hilton?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Dizneyblonde, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Ok we have finally got to the day that the hotels are available to book on Holiday Extras.:thumbsup:

We are staying for 1 night on the 9th before we fly on 10th August and the price includes return coach travel from Plymouth.Just me and the 2 kids.

However i can't decide between the two.We have stayed at the Hilton before but our room wasn't up to much.

Sofitel is £168.10
    Hilton is £139.60

Can i have people's opinions on the 2 to help me decide please?

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Well you have stayed at the Hilton before so you know what it's like, family stayed at the Sofitel last year and really liked it. There isn't a great price difference between the two in the big scheme of things.

Tbh I would probably go for the Hilton just because I know how it all works. What time do you expect to get there? How much time will you actually spend in the room?

3. Dizneyblonde

The coach should get to Gatwick South Terminal at 4pm so we will go straight to Twilight checkin like last time and be in the room by 5pm ready to go out and cause havoc at the airport!

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I didn't realise that the coach drops of at the airport rather than the hotel - that is better at least you can get rid of the cases straight away :yes:

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

see when we stayed at the sofitel tbh i wasn't impressed- that was 2004 though so i think they have refurbished. Havent' stayed in the hilton- was looking at it this year but got 15 days meet and greet car hire and family room at ramada plaza for £121 so was dead chuffed

6. Val

Val Disney Secrets

nothing in it really.....i guess i would take the money and you are flying from south terminal so would stay south terminal..... go for Hilton.

7. Mark_W

Mark_W Earning my ears

Sofitel is £168.10
    Hilton is £139.60

Only stayed at the Hilton. Very convienent, breakfast was excellent and so easy to walk to departures. Besides you would have $40 extra to spend in Disney.

8. Dizneyblonde

The kids have decided on the Hilton so VAL...