Some trips to keep me busy before and after my Summer Disney Fix

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Disneydad, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    It's been a L O N G cold winter here in the northeast and I need to get a way and see that the world still exists someplace other than here. That being said....I am taking a road trip to visit a friend over the Memorial Day Weekend (just me-that's definitely new). I'm heading to Romney West Virginia on Sat. and staying in a great Vintage Motel called the Kool Wink ( I'll take pics is anyone is interested). Sunday I'm going to feed the starving shopper in me and drive to Woodbridge VA. and see the Potomac Mills Mall. Not really planning on buying much of anything-but you never know THEY HAVE A DISNEY OUTLET STORE:excited::excited::excited:
    Heading back to home on Monday...but have already mapped out where the Cracker Barrels and Denny's are on the route.
    That should hold me until my Disney trip in Aug. Then in September (on my B-day) I'm taking my friend Mickey (no not the Mouse) and the soon to be Ex and we are going by train to NYC. We have plans for a meal at 11 AM at Carmine's on 44th St. and tickets for the 2 PM Matinee of Hello Dolly with Bette Midler:wavehands::wavehands::wavehands:
    Couldn't get three seats together in the balcony but we will meet up after the show. That should give me enough warm memories to keep me thawed through the next frozen winter here.

2. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like a lot of fun to me.
    We may even bump into you this August!!!!!!!!!!!!:fingers:

3. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like a great plan George. Looking forward to meeting you at Potomac Mills. I've only eaten at Carmine's once and that was over 40 years ago. The food was wonderful.

4. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    We'll have to "plan" a bump into....the only day I am tied up is the 16th between the family breakfast and my Spa Day :wavehands:and my BOG dinner plans I am untouchable until about 9:00 that night LOL. Let me know what parks you plan to be in and so on and we will find a common time/place to "bump":biggrin:

5. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Can't wait to meet you guys at the mall too. I'm glad to hear the food was good even back then...to last in NYC I guess they would have to be. I was a little put off by the menu being "Family" style so I emailed and found out that the entree's are individual but the side are family so as long as we can all agree on sides we will be fine...if not there will be a lot of wasted food but oh well the rule is get what you want to eat :dine:

6. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Back in the day it was just my mother and I. She had accepted a new job and was in NYC for training. I was in the AF and on my way back to Germany after being home on leave.

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Cool, I have been told, that the definition of happiness is always having something to look forward to. George in that case you are sure to have happiness.

8. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Well if that's the recipe then I'm sure to have lots of happiness...22 months or so till I plan to move and drive for the Mouse...that's what I am working and waiting for.