1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Space Mountain Shirts available on Disney Parks Online Store For Limited Time

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Space Mountain will be the next attraction poster T-shirt for sale on the Disney Parks online store. There will be two different shirts online only from March 10-16, 2014.

space-mountain-1.jpg
    The first T-shirt shown above was inspired by an attraction poster from 1977. According to the wonderful book “Poster Art of the Disney Parks” by Danny Handke and Vanessa Hunt, the original attraction poster was designed by Jim Michaelson, Ernie Prinzhorn and Rudy Lord. Disney Design Group artist Richard Terpstra created the design featured on this shirt.

space-mountain-2.jpg

Richard also designed the second shirt that was inspired by a Walt Disney World Resort attraction poster from 2010 by Josh Holtsclaw.

space-mountain-3.jpg

In related news, Josh’s poster design from 2010 will be included on drinkware coming to the recently discussed Disney Centerpiece location. Above is an image of those items together, which will join similar drinkware and more when the Marketplace Co-Op opens at Downtown Disney Marketplace in a couple of months.

2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Ooh... I'm tempted!

3. Wendy

What one do you like Tony?

4. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I can't decide - I love the 80s space text of the top one, but the bottom one is the logo/decal of Space Mountain in my dad's souvenir Disneyland book - it's what first started my Disney obsession!

5. Wendy

I have the perfect solution, buy them both :D