1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Space Shuttle Discovery's Final Goodbye

Discussion in 'Other Parks and Attractions News & Rumours' started by Wendy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Yesterday, 17th April 2012 marked a sad day for many at Kennedy Space Centre. The space Shuttle Discovery left for her new home at the Smithsonian Institution.

Thousands of Space Shuttle fans watched as she left on a 747 jet yesterday morning.

I would have loved to have been there to see this but here is a video of Discovery leaving Kennedy Space Centre

[video=youtube;6GW7FGt19wA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GW7FGt19wA&hd=1[/video]​
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I would have loved to have been able to see it when it got up here to the DC area but I was stuck at work up near Baltimore, which is 50 miles from DC.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I hope that the owners of the lo-cost airlines didn`t see this....it may give them an idea about how to cram more passengers onto their planes. :lol:
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol:
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Yeah I can just imagaine them, especially RyanAir, adding pods to the tops of their planes, much like the ubiquitous luggage carriers we see.