1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

special christmas events at any parks?

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Oct 13, 2012.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Ive just read that seaworld are going to have special christmas shows although it doesnt say what

I think I know some of the things that disney do like the christmas party but what are some other great things that happen around christmas
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

there is the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, Osborne Family spectacle of lights, the candlelight processional, different christmas shows/story telling around the world in Epcot, lots of the resorts have decorations worth visiting too eg the giant gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian.
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

totally my favourite time to go :yes:
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

most definitely, i'm looking forward to being able to spend times in the parks without getting over heated
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sometimes there are special food and beverage offerings too. We've seen a gingerbread house in the USA pavilion out of which they sell cookies and cider and hot chocolate. It's not there every year apparently, but it's fun when it is.

There is the Gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian where they sell smaller versions of the house and other treats.

One thing to keep in mind too is that there are usually free Christmas related entertainment shows at DTD. Often they are choirs, or carolers or the like, but they can help set the mood.

There is "snow" in DHS, and in Celebration. :yes:

Sometimes there are things like carriage/sled rides at a couple of the resorts. They are canceled though too, so be sure to check first before you set your heart on doing something like that.

There will be Christmas themed merchandise like drink cups, and clothes etc.

NYE sees a whole bunch of potentially different events too. Sometimes there are extra music acts in EPCOT, big screen showing Disney clips, that sort of stuff. It is JAMMED full of people all week, so be sure to plan what you want to do and get there early. It's not unheard of at all to have the parks close to new guests during this time (usually Christmas Day and NYE).

Oh, and Disney raises their food prices for full service dining for the high peak season. :sigh:
  6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Seaworld usually does a special christmas shamu show (i know its not really shamu show but you know what i mean!) when we saw it last it was really nice!
    I love christmas over there, i dont think i could ever go at another time of year again!