1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Special moments

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Now....I know you'll all have some of these. I want to hear about one or more of the 'special moments' from your WDW holiday. You know....the time that brought a happy tear to your eyes (with me, I just bawl at times!!)
    Maybe something that happened to a loved one or a fave show or parade that always brings that lump to your throat.:cry2:
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh heck Diane, how can I choose :sigh;

The first time we ever went, it was like a dream come true for me, I'd wanted to go for so long and it was just unreal that I was finally there.

When we walked through those turnstiles and into Main Street, I just burst into tears, the first thing I saw was the castle and the second things was Minnie Mouse, I guess that's why she's my fave character. It was like being in a dream and we didn't have a clue what or where to go :lol: At the time we never had a PC so we were completely blind.

Another time was watching Wishes last year, I wasn't looking forward to the holiday and just standing there with Chris and watching and listening made me feel that I could go on, I just had to believe in me.
  3. Mike

Mike Imagineer

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Watching Illuminations on my 40th birthday......
  4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

going to discovery cove and having a dolphin bring my sister a bouy with her birthday message was my favourite!
  5. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

My special moment was when we went to MK for dd 15th birthday. Our friends from Atlanta came with us and we had a ball. I can not wait for next year as they are coming down to spend time with us :D
  6. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

My favourite has to be last year when we met up with Johnie and Beccaberry for dinner at Ohana and we all watched Wishes from or table on the last night of or holiday.
  7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

My BFF, Leu, and I took her DD (Shelly) and her DD (Lexie--age 9) and DS(Troy--all of 14 weeks!) to WDW for their first visit last December.

Our first park day was at MK. We were walking through the Main Street shops on the Emporium side of the street and one of the CMs began chatting with Lexie. Lexie is a peanut--she wasn't quite tall enough for RnRC (not quite 48")--so people tend to think she is younger than her age. The CM was completely charmed with this little creature who looked about 6 and sounded about 30! The CM gave her Tinkerbell pins so she could share one (she gave it to her cousin when she arrived home). Lexie was thrilled!

Troy absolutely loved WDW--particularly Centennial Hall at Pop Century! He just looked around and laughed and flirted with everyone!
  8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Dh and I were on our honeymoon and I have to say that we had tons of special moments on that trip!! We knew nothing about Disney, but we just really wanted to go. We didn't book any dinners so we walked up to the LTT and did our best to get in to eat. They gave us the last spot before they closed and we had an awesome dinner. When we left after eating we noticed that everything was really quiet. Turns out the park was closed and they were going the kiss goodnight (not that we had any idea what it was at the time). Dh and I stood there in front of the castle all alone taking pictures, video, and in general just being in :love: We walked down Main Street USA listening to the music and to Mickey say goodnight with no one around but the people sweeping the street. It was like something out of a movie with the lights twinkling and it felt like it was just for us. :rose5: It really was one of those moments that you couldn't have planned if you tried and it was amazingly special.
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

oh gosh, we've had so many. One of my favorites is we took my mom with us a couple of years ago. She got a 1st Visitor button and we were in the characer connection place at Epcot. All of the characters were making a fuss with her but Alice just chatted with her for ages. She was so sweet and mom was just beaming. Then there is this picture with her being hugged by Goofy and Pluto, it's awesome. I'll have to see it sometime.
  10. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

riding the POTC with my Dad this last trip. I had waited for that day for years....My parents took me to WDW 4 months after MK officialy opened....I was hooked....It took 40 yrs but I was finally able to take them....
  11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

ahhh wasn't that so much fun? I hope we can do that again in the future
  12. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Mine is when my DD at Pop Century stood all bright eyed in the hotel room and said "This is my dream come true!" A lump in my throat came because this is what I had promised my kids for so long... to one day go to WDW. And finally after all the years of crud we made it.
  13. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Being proposed to on a bench beside the river in MK. :love:

My 50th birthday in MK - breakfast at CP with a hug from Piglet, being wished 'Happy Birthday' all day, riding in front of Monorail. A day I'll never forget. :smiley4:
  14. Wendy

:eek: 50 never you are kidding right - I would never ever had said that I thought you were about my age.
  15. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

You are officially my favourite person... :lol:
  16. Wendy

:lol: thank you I'll earn even more brownie points now, I'm 44 :D I am being serious though, I really did :)
  17. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thanks for all of the replies so far guys....some of them have brought tears to my eyes :cry2:

I often have a few tears of joy while on holiday in Florida so I'll tell you just a couple....

Christmas Eve just gone, we did the Marine Mammal Keeper experience at SW. Part of the day included interaction with the belugas where we got to kiss them etc and that was so special to me. However....a couple of days later, we were at SW and went to Wild Arctic to pass time before Believe. We got to the beluga section and one particular beluga just couldn't get enough of looking at me. Even the CM couldn't believe how much attention I was getting from him. He would stop right in front of me and open and close his mouth as though he was talking to me. We actually stayed there for nearly two hours (completely missing believe) and that time spent with that beluga will stay with me for a very long time......he was beautiful.
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

Another time was back in 2004. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and I had secretly planned for months to have our wedding vows renewed while in Florida. The location was Cypress Grove Park. Everything went to plan with the photographer, flowers arriving, limo to get us there, an empty and very beautiful park to ourselves etc. The sun was shining and we had a gentle breeze. We were at the gazebo by the lake and the reverand said such beautiful words that he had written especially for us....I looked over at our friend and her whole face was quivering as she tried to hold back the tears. Well...that got me going too!
    I looked deep into DH's eyes and could clearly see that he still loved me after all those years. I felt beautiful and oh so special.......that exact moment was a moment I won't and don't want to forget.
    I bet some of you are :rolleyes008::lol:

[​IMG][/IMG]
  18. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Absolutely beautiful Isafari. :hug1:
  19. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Aww that is such a beautiful photo of the two of you Diane :)
  20. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Steven's first haircut in MK.

And walking out of the MK down Main St in the snow after MVMCP.