1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Special moments

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Next year? :yes:
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

too many to mention really !!!
  3. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Every minute I spend in Disney is a special one for me.:cjdisney1:

But on our last trip...we were rushing to Hollywood & Vine for our ADR for the Fantasmic package. Jordan and I (on my ECV) raced ahead to the check in podium. We got seated right away and had made our first trip to the buffet when Jordan realized his Pal Mickey was gone! We weren't sure exactly when/where he disappeared. but we asked the waitress to look around the restaurant for us...to no avail. Jordan was just crushed...even at 9, he was very attached to his Mickey and was just inconsolible and wouldn't eat.

Quite shortly, the manager came to our table and explained that the waitress had told her our problem. She sat down next to Jordan...speaking only to him...she was saying that Mickey was her boss and that he was very special. She asked Jordan if she got him another Pal Mickey if he'd watch over him more carefully this time. He promised, and she filled out a paper for us to take to a gift shop for a replacement. She said a few more words to Jordan and told him to eat his dinner because Mickey would want him to. (I was in tears through most of this) After she walked away, Jordan turned to me and said, "And that is Disney Magic."

We left H&V and went straight to the camera store to pick up our new Pal Mickey...dressed in his sorcerer outfit...Jordan's favorite Mickey of all.:smileyrainbow:
  4. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

I'm getting all teary-eyed reading these!!
    Mine has to be our first trip. Holly was 4 and her favorite thing was the Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot. She loved that parade. She would stand there and dance and wave to everyone in the parade. On our last night, we took her to see the parade again (not as huge deal as we found World Showcase to be our favorite place to be at night) and as she was dancing in front of us during the parade, one of the dancers dressed as a butterfly took her hand and pulled her into the parade to dance with her. Holly just glowed. Chris and I both sat there with tears in our eyes....
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

That's lovely Krista - I loved that parade, it always made me teary when the children put their dreams in the dreamkeepers net, I wish they would bring that back :yes:
  6. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

I do too!!! I have the music on CD...it's from the Millenium Celebration..
  7. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

WOW! and that's why I LOVE Disney!
  8. Figment

Figment Imagineer

:yes: I know. I tried explaining to the manager that our Pal Mickey was the older one...we'd bought it on our previous trip two years before. She shook her head at me and said that didn't matter in the least and that since Mickey was her boss she knew that he'd want Jordan to have a new one.

The slip of paper she gave us was for *Replacement of Lost Item* and it had check boxes for ice cream, drink, hat and other. She marked other and wrote in Pal Mickey big as brass. The CM at the camera shop did a double take and checked with his manager saying that usually that particular receipt was for items less than $10. The manager just smiled and told Jordan to pick out his Mickey and said, "I'm sure you want your Mickey out of this nasty box" and proceeded to cut all the plastic ties until he made a huge production of handing Mickey over. He then said, "Make sure you take Mickey to see Fantasmic tonight!" and winked at him.

A $65 Pal Mickey on a replacement receipt for ice cream!:yes: Only the Magic of Disney.
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

awww I just love stories like that
  10. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

That is a lovely story thanks for sharing. Disney is truly a magical place. :pixiedust:
  11. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Earning my ears

Driving under the Walt Disney World arch for the first time, one of those "pinch me" moments.

Fred Flintstone taking a considerable amount of time with my DS on our first visit, as he was way too shy to go over to the characters.

The Year of A Million Dreams people making sure that I had enough fastpasses for my family, when they were giving them out.

Finally getting to ride up front on the Monorail!