1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

split stays

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by GoofyMike, Jul 23, 2008.

1. GoofyMike

GoofyMike Earning my ears

How easy is it to split a stay between different Disney hotels? Im wondering about the checkout/checkin times because it looks like we would have to leave one hotel very early but wouldnt be allowed to check back in to the other until later and how would we get there?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

When you do a split stay with Disney resorts, Disney moves your luggage for you. :yes: You pack up, check out and they take the luggage. Then you go to your new resort and check in (sometimes the rooms are ready early, if not you can still check in and get your room assignment later). Once you have your room assigned, they deliver the luggage to your new room.

It's quite easy actually. We've done it to split our stay between two resorts, especially when we couldn't decide which we wanted to stay in! Sometimes it's done because you can't get all the days you want at one resort. :yes:

Hope that helps!

3. dzneeprincss

dzneeprincss Earning my ears

I do split stays every trip. I like to compare resorts and being a DVC member I want to try as many resorts as I can. We usually have to split anyway because hubby and I like to go for at least two weeks and the rooms aren't always available the whole time. It is easy or my hubby would have done it once and never again. It is nice to know you only have to deal with the bells services to move and sometimes they actually take us to our room with our luggage.

4. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

DH and I have been splitting stays since forever! And it's so easy. Like Tink says...Disney picks up and delivers your luggage for you.. Just remember to stay at your cheaper resort first and then move on up to the better one.

5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

they move your lggage . That is good to know, I will send my luggage over after EMH on the 7th, since we are checking into the Poly early on the 8th .
    Did I tell you we are staying at The Poly for a day and a half . I really like the Poly . We're staying at The Poly . LOL

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We did a sort of split stay recently. Same resort but had to change rooms. Called them and told them the luggage was in the room, checked out, checked in with room not ready and when we got back to the resort that PM the luggage was waiting for us.