1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Spoodles closing to be replaced by Kouzzina

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, May 18, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Spoodles on the boardwalk is set to close to be replaced with Chef Cat Cora's Kouzzina in late summer 2009.

In the run up to the change, spoodles will undergo some operational alterations.

July through mid-August Spoodles will stop serving breakfast. Breakfast will be available at the flying-fish from 7.30am to 11.00am instead.

A la carte items will be removed from the spoodles menu from july 6 through Aug 1 and instead a dinner buffet will be offered. Spoodles will then be closed for dinner from Aug 2 to Aug 15th (at least).

Kouzzina press release below

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., March 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Chef Cat Cora and Disney are joining together to open an exciting new family dining restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk Resort. Kouzzina by Cat Cora will feature a menu of Mediterranean-style cuisine that pays tribute to the chef's Greek roots.

The restaurant, to be owned and operated by Disney, is scheduled to open by fall 2009 in the space currently occupied by Spoodles.

"I am pleased to welcome Cat Cora and her engaging new concept for Kouzzina to the Walt Disney World Resort," said Jay Rasulo, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "This collaboration between Cat and Disney represents a significant step in our ongoing commitment to offer unique culinary experiences and choices for our guests."

As a Mississippi native born to a family of Greek restaurateurs, Cora grew up immersed in two different and flavorful cultures, and has taken from that unique background the kitchen "know-how" handed down through generations. The cuisine at Kouzzina (Greek for "kitchen" and pronounced "koo-zee-nah") will showcase Mediterranean cuisine and Chef Cora's philosophy to create simple yet sensational meals.

Cora said that the new restaurant will feature "time-honored recipes passed down from my ancestors, as well as my favorite Greek and Mediterranean dishes that my family loves."

She began working with Disney in 2008 by creating a Disney Video on Demand series to showcase ways to help families develop more healthy eating habits. "I'm extremely excited about this latest extension of my relationship with Disney," she said. "Together, we're going to develop a truly amazing contemporary Mediterranean restaurant."

The first and only female Iron Chef on Food Network's hit show "Iron Chef America," Cora is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in New York. She also is Executive Chef for Bon Appetit magazine. In addition to hosting the instructional cooking demonstrations for Disney Video on Demand, Cora has been a featured chef at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and at Disney's California Food & Wine Festival at Disneyland Resort.

2. Kagey

Kagey Earning my ears

I am a student at Orlando Culinary Academy and would like to do my externship at Kouzzina. Since you seem to know what's going on, who can I contact to begin a conversation about doing so. I guess who would be head Chef or manager for hiring..or Externship for Orlando Culianry Academy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    KAGEY

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!!

Toño LOVES Cat Cora.. well, he loves ALL the Iron Chefs.. its one of his favorite shows.. so, Im not telling him, but it would be GREAT to eat there!! :)