1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Spring is coming , our badgers are back

Discussion in 'Hobbies A - Z' started by Skywatcher, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

:D

last night we all ( including the cats) sat in hushed tones in the conservatory whilst 2 badgers noshed the peanuts I'd put out on the step - nothing quite so cute as the noise they make when doing that - . For me this is one of the first real signs of teh wakeup after what has been a long cold winter.

Birds are definitely getting jiggy as well - saw a blackcap in the garden last few days!!

Now the challenge is - how do I photograph the badgers? is there going to be an easy way of lighting the garden or do I go for a IR camera - hmmm
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I noticed the other day that we have 2 badgers setts in our fields [I rarely enter the fields so this came as quite a surprise!]
    The only problem is that they are located some distance from the house so I doubt whether photographing them is an option for me.
    I`ve never seen them close to our house although I did spot one crossing our drive a couple of years ago.
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

serioulsy tempted to buy a camera trap - they are not that much money and have an astonishingly long battery life and can take good quality films and photos in IR