1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

St Patrick's Day Merchandise at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

St Patrick’s Day is this weekend and Disney has plenty of special merchandise in their Parks.

A new seven-inch plush featuring Mickey Mouse dressed in his finest green attire. The plush was designed by long-time Disney Design Group artist Monty Maldovan.

mickey-st-patricks-day.jpg

There are also some new T-shirts for the ladies, but there is not an option for men this year. Fear not, if you go to Disney Design-a-Tee at Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will be able to see a few few festive options like the shirt pictured below for men.

st-patricks-day-tshirts.jpg

You will also be able to find an antenna topper and a beautifully sculpted resin ear hat ornament, some limited edition pins featuring Mickey Mouse and Stitch. Another one features the “Always Lucky” design which you can also be found on the women’s shirt. Both pins have an edition size of 3,000.

st-patricks-day-duffy.jpg

Finally, there is a Vinylmation figure and poster pin designed by Disney Design Group artist Thomas Scott. They were inspired by poster artwork created by Thomas for a 2013 calendar at Disney Parks.

st-patricks-day-pins.jpg

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Ooooh!! I love the ladies T!

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What is it about that poor Duffy? I just can't seem to like him...

We saw some of this merchandise when we were there. Quite nice most of it! :yes: We have an Irish Minnie, so may add an Irish Mickey to the mix. We've ended up with an "accidental" collection of holiday themed Mickeys, Minnies, Figments, and Eeyores. Oh, and a couple of Tiggers.

4. Beccaberry

You know? I've never really developed an affection for Duffy either. I've often wondered if it's because he originated on the cruise line, and I've never been on a Disney cruise...perhaps that connection is missing. I dunno, he always just seemed a bit like an imposter ;)

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Did he originate on the cruise line? I remember years ago when he was just the Mickey bear and they had all these colors. I bought the teal one at the outlet for $10. Sold it on eBay for enough money to buy Alysia's prom dress lol

6. Beccaberry

I remember that :yes:

Perhaps I'm mistaken...somehow I thought he was the cruise line bear, but I'm by no means certain...Come to think of it, I didn't associate the mickey faced bear that you bought back in the day with "Duffy" proper....so I may have just made the whole story up!! LOL. I do remember LOVING how soft those plush bears were....

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Love the woman's tee

I dont really like Duffy, I dont think he's cute, plus, he has A LOT of competition at WDW hahahaha