1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Star Wars: Episode VII to be filmed in UK

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, May 11, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The latest Star Wars film is to be made in the UK, producer Lucasfilm has said, returning the franchise to its British roots.

The seventh film in the cult sci-fi series is due to start production next year and is planned for release in 2015.

The six previous Star Wars films were all partly filmed in the UK at several studios steeped in British cinematic history, including Pinewood, Elstree and Shepperton.

Disney's Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement: "We've devoted serious time and attention to revisiting the origins of Star Wars as inspiration for our process on the new movie, and I'm thrilled that returning to the UK for production and utilising the incredible talent there can be a part of that.

Earlier this year, representatives from Lucasfilm met with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, in London to establish an agreement to produce Star Wars in the U.K. “I am delighted that Star Wars is coming back to Britain. Today’s announcement that the next Star Wars film will be shot and produced in the UK is great news for fans and our creative industries,” Osborne said today.

2. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Not the biggest fan of the Star Wars franchise, however I am a little excited about the new film.

It's also nice that they are filming it here in the UK. :)