1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour Star Wars in the Parks?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Tony G, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I'm sorry if you've already heard this elsewhere but I'm intrigued by all the noises being made at Disney that all seem to point to Star Wars finally getting a significant presence in the Florida parks.

First, there's the creation of a new studio with the explicit purpose of putting Star Wars in the parks. They already have a Pixar 'version' of this.

Second, there's the move of a top imagineer (whose name escapes me right now) to Florida to rejuvenate Epcot (and possibly move it closer to Walt's original idea). Pete from the DIS Unplugged podcast is postulating that the imagineer is so far up the chain that it's unlikely they've moved him to create an attraction or land but more likely to be working on a new Star Wars theme park!

Picture it!

2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Now the last rumor I heard was that Star Wars was going to expand at DHS and not be a separate park. I would love to see a park which combined Star Wars and Marvel. Although not sure on the status of the Marvel contract with Universal.

It has been over 16 years since a new park has been introduced at WDW, the longest stint in their history. They better start soon on something so that it's ready for the 50 year celebration in 2021. Maybe this is the start of a major project?

3. Tony G

I'd go mental if there was a Star Wars themed park.

...Who am I kidding? I'd go mental if there's a new Star Wars pencil released!

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

me too! use the force Tony!

5. Tony G

"These aren't the attractions you're looking for..."

Britchick and Deafjeff like this.